Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't see this posted earlier, japan-tool has a Shig kitaeji usuba 210mm

Dictum also has the Santoku too, and could be had for less if you're stateside..

$2100 for a Shiggy Wa Kitaeji 210. Yup, that just happened. World has officially gone Looney Tunes.o_O

VioletDisastrousKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
$2100 for a Shiggy Wa Kitaeji 210. Yup, that just happened. World has officially gone mad.o_O
I thought you were talking about the yo, but then realized I misread. I'm really curious to where, because the 180 is less than half that. I get 210 is a popular size but... o_O

I thought you were talking about the yo, but then realized I misread. I'm really curious to where, because the 180 is less than half that. I get 210 is a popular size but... o_O

And that’s just a 210, imagine how much 240 or even 270 will go for now a days...

If the 210mm Shig Kitaeji is worth that much, wonder how much my 240mm BNIB Kato Kikuryu is worth now. Not selling or trading it. Just wondering.

With the prices of Katos shooting so high, perhaps Kato might be thinking of retiring soon. Just a wild thought without substance to back it.

Hitohira updated their list of Jiro retailers. There are more retailers on the list now. Doesn't seem to be new Jiro knives out yet though.

CKC has a few Jiro they are putting on the site at 2pm I think. I have three now. Love them. Will probably end up with more. Something about Jiro’s work really interests me. I think they are putting up 2 western 225 gyutos and a 270 suji. Good luck! I just got transferred and lost some hours due to covid so i’m sitting this one out lol.

Back