Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally I lol’d

that shig price is way to high. I love mine, but at 165mm and with the advent of gyutos, I need to find excuses to use it...

In other news, anyone catch the prices on those San mai Mazakis on k&s
I think they were around 600 or 650

at least it’s not a 1,500 mazascus - the prices are really high, and I think he is creating 3 tiers knives - KU and Kasumi, blue San mai, and dammy at 1,500

Wonder how much the white 2 240 gyuto were? 225 new a couple years ago. Interesting how an apprentice becomes the master in two years. Got this one with custom handle and saya from James for 280 shipped a few years ago.
DAF12F6D-828D-49E8-8AF0-D1E6115C63EF.jpeg
39AB5FE2-8F02-4CB8-8BCE-374AE96C2422.jpeg

Wonder how much the white 2 240 gyuto were? 225 new a couple years ago. Interesting how an apprentice becomes the master in two years. Got this one with custom handle and saya from James for 280 shipped a few years ago. View attachment 95598View attachment 95599

beautiful handle and knife. I got the Mazaki KU 240 Gyuto for 280 - still under 300. Best bang for the buck - except for Heiji, for which you may have a 4 month wait. But Mazaki is proving to use the old pricing strategy related to economic term “consumer surplus” - creating tiers of knives so fatter wallets can spend on the more expensive ones thinking they are Getting a “better“ or more collectible knife

Plus hype on this forum

I like his work, but some are treating him like Kato

beautiful handle and knife. I got the Mazaki KU 240 Gyuto for 280 - still under 300. Best bang for the buck - except for Heiji, for which you may have a 4 month wait. But Mazaki is proving to use the old pricing strategy related to economic term “consumer surplus” - creating tiers of knives so fatter wallets can spend on the more expensive ones thinking they are Getting a “better“ or more collectible knife

Plus hype on this forum

I like his work, but some are treating him like Kato
I guess the first time buying a Maz I got lucky and got a jem. The others after not so much. Heiji knives were also the same for me first one incredible and second an axe. Would like to grab another, but they have to be to my specs and won’t buy one sight unseen.

The nakiri is sold out, but the santoku has been sitting for a few days now.

I got a notification once that they had the kitaeji in stock but by the time I got there... gone.

I got mine from japaneseknives.eu and they did an awesome rehandle. But they’re finally sold out.

Also the best knife I’ve ever came across is back in stock on JCK. Mizuno KS is Blue 1 and White 2. Simply the best...

Santoku
I got a notification once that they had the kitaeji in stock but by the time I got there... gone.

I got mine from japaneseknives.eu and they did an awesome rehandle. But they’re finally sold out.

Also the best knife I’ve ever came across is back in stock on JCK. Mizuno KS is Blue 1 and White 2. Simply the best...
ehat is the difference between this KS and the Masamoto KS that I have?

Santoku

ehat is the difference between this KS and the Masamoto KS that I have?
A lot, it’s a completely different knife. I have it in Blue1 and first, it’s iron clad. The blue1 version takes a crazy sharp edge and actually keeps for a long time. And it has mizuno’s signature asymmetric grind (I got mine custom made) and has incredible food separation. The white 2 has a better HRC than Masamoto. The profile is almost identical as it is Mizuno’s version of the Masamoto KS

Back