Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like somebody broke a 180 Gyuto & kept its remains 😂

Although practicality seems out the window, it serves as a useful reminder for the evolutional origin of Nakiri.

I thought about garlic, but the reason why i like using my Heiji nakiri for garlic is its weight (to smash & loosen the peel). A 120mm nakiri wouldn't have the weight to do that, would it?
Don't you hit the flat of the blade with the palm of the hand. Weight shouldn't matter.

Hey @Xenif I found your son his first big boy knife Wakui Kurouchi White #2 Nakiri 120mm

(This is cute knife but I honestly don't know what it's practical for. My hands are small but not *that* small)
Thats really cute, but recently he started getting comfortable with a Tanaka 165 nakiri, even drew first blood lol (don't worry, just a small cut, but now hes a lot more careful). Have to say hes getting much better at cooking

We all know it's rather pointless to speculate on the practically of a nakiri by now. 🍻

Hey @Xenif I found your son his first big boy knife Wakui Kurouchi White #2 Nakiri 120mm

(This is cute knife but I honestly don't know what it's practical for. My hands are small but not *that* small)
But I can imagine a waiter pulling two of these out, garnish and mince my fillet mignon into steak tartare by hand using 2 x mini 120 nakiri, shape and serve then using the same nakiris, all done table side.

He said he found some of the old stock still there.

Is the Kasumi finish a big deal?

He said he found some of the old stock still there.

Is the Kasumi finish a big deal?

Old stuff? And the profile is so new ...
Old on the page is "out of stock"
PS. Old or new, but Petty 180mm will always come in handy ...

Back