Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is Yoshimi Kato not Yoshimi Kato?..............when he's Kiyoshi Kato :)

Anyone else get excited when MTC Kitchen posted teaser images on IG of Kiyoshi Kato working in his workshop with the headsup of a future announcement. I even called hoping to get something interesting. Guess they confused Kiyoshi with Yoshimi 👎

In my defense they were being deliberately cryptic and enticing with several pics of unfinished Kiyoshi Kato knives.

Last edited:
When is Yoshimi Kato not Yoshimi Kato?..............when he's Kiyoshi Kato :)

Anyone else get excited when MTC Kitchen posted teaser images on IG of Kiyoshi Kato working in his workshop with the headsup of a future announcement. I even called hoping to get something interesting. Guess they confused Kiyoshi with Yoshimi 👎
Geeze, they should know better. What a tease! I would of done/thought the same thing.

A bunch of custom Mizuno Blue 1 KS and Mizuno White 1 honyaki loaded by Koki yesterday.

the honyaki are classic Mizuno profile, and I’ve always told myself if I get Miz’s classic profile, it’d be the Blue 2 honyaki. Saltydog’s video he posted like ten years ago really shows how amazing that knife is

Eh.. would take the kurochi anyday. The only mune I have left is the 165 petty. Wish he could do some SS clad because I love his white steel.

^^ agreed. I think his KU knives look better.

I have the full lineup from JNS, including both honyaki gyuto. I like the handles that come stock on the JNS ones more as well - very nice and comparable to stock shigefusa handles.

Whichever way you go Munetoshi makes awesome knives.

https://thecooksedge.com/
5 Year Anniversary Sale On Now!​
The Cook's Edge turns 5 today!! To celebrate we are passing along savings on some of our all time favourite knives. Save up to 20% on knives from Yu Kurosaki, Munetoshi, Sakai Kikumori, Nigara Hamono, Sukenari, and more. For questions or inquires email: [email protected]

Appears to be a Kenji Togashi blacksmith Tosa sharpened blade like the ones on KnS. Assuming of course the attribution is correct. Shame the stamped kanji looks so cheap.

Latest posts

Back