Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like on the mizuno honyaki page, he is showing things discounted from $1,700 to $1,280 - but this is the maximum price of the knife compared to it's new minimum. Basically the maximum previous price of the 270mm with an upgraded handle compared to the new lower price of the standard 240mm. It's misleading for sure, but at least he isnt actually using the sale to increase his prices. It's clearer when you actually click on individual knives.

Unless you want a Mizuno without going to Japan?
This, or a custom Mizuno.

this Hinoura points are kinda valid too(although I know a lot of people who said they don’t like their matsumi OR Tsukasa Hinoura performance) and I have a Fu Rin Ka Zan AS Gyuto that’s really underrated.

if you’re looking for sukenari I’d contact Koki as well as I think over half of the Fu Rin Ka Zan knives are made by Sulenari.

and don’t forget Mr. Itou lol

this Hinoura points are kinda valid too(although I know a lot of people who said they don’t like their matsumi OR Tsukasa Hinoura performance) and I have a Fu Rin Ka Zan AS Gyuto that’s really underrated.

if you’re looking for sukenari I’d contact Koki as well as I think over half of the Fu Rin Ka Zan knives are made by Sulenari.

Oh and just a few starting with direct:

http://www.mizunotanrenjo.jp/products_type_e.html
https://japan-exporters.asia/mizuno-tanrenjo-水野鍛錬所/

All you guys should check JCK websites prices before getting out the pitchforks.
39272938-2B91-4620-8410-C2F33177971B.jpeg

Oh wow, nice resource!

also ya sorry I thought the mr. itou comment made it clear I was being sarcastic.

jck is a decent spot for finding mid range knives at a far price. But I’ve gotten to the point where Miz is the only reason I’d grab from his site anymore.

okay bye bye now I have to look at that site

Oh wow, nice resource!

also ya sorry I thought the mr. itou comment made it clear I was being sarcastic.

jck is a decent spot for finding mid range knives at a far price. But I’ve gotten to the point where Miz is the only reason I’d grab from his site anymore.

okay bye bye now I have to look at that site
Booo no prices listed, let’s just concede domestically is there any other decent spots for Mizuno ?

Says in stock but can't add to cart because out of stock. At least theres a yanagiba available on backorder. How long do they take? Years?

A note on several of the backorder items mentions 2-3 years.

FWIW, my Itou is a great knife. The HT of the R2 is the best I know of. Some Itou knives are “too loud” in respect of their aesthetics, but they are pretty good knives ...

Says in stock but can't add to cart because out of stock. At least theres a yanagiba available on backorder. How long do they take? Years?

If you are looking for a Shig kuro santuko - peruse the latest listings the Shig Alert thread - there has been one listed at a site for at least a week. If it was a little less, I would have taken it already, but outside my current spending limit.

If you are looking for a Shig kuro santuko - peruse the latest listings the Shig Alert thread - there has been one listed at a site for at least a week. If it was a little less, I would have taken it already, but outside my current spending limit.

I believe he's looking for the nakiri.

If the kitaeji was actually available (it wasn't), I'd be hopping on that. I love my KU in the meantime though.

Don't think so, at least I didn't get any stock notification.
Same. I got a notification from them once last summer. Hitting either of those kitaejis on Dictum is like my dream score. The kurouchi seems to be in stock very often (compared to other places.). I just know as soon as I buy a KU Santoku a Kitaeji will come in stock and I won’t have the funds.

@Barry's Knives did u actually see it in stock?

Back