Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the only reason they're lasting as long as they have is that people haven't realized how awesome these Warikomi blades are. Buy one now before you regret it later.
I already own one of the Silversteel Warikomis.

Yes, but there are two versions of the warikomi collaboration. A concave grind in his earlier offering and a convex grind in his later offerings.

I guess I’m coming from the perspective of ‘guy who already has most the boxes checked’, so I can see where it’s useful to a lot of people. I haven’t needed ‘bangers’ in a looooong time. So that leaves the category of knives that I look at now are probably among the slimmest out there. No harm of course meant to Koki, and he still does have some pretty sweet stuff.
I just wish he'd leave normal handles on the good stuff...
FWIW, I'm probably heading over there to get a buddy setup for his first graduation from the knife block set.

Sign of things to come? Jiro Kitaeji kiridashi. But for such an expensive piece I would have expected perfection. Separation of lamination is disappointing.

Likewise. The timing ended up terribly on this one
I’m here for the damn support group 🤣
Really it helps to hear others are struggling to hold back on this one too! I think I’ve been eyeing this for around a year now, this price is really hard not to jump at.

I will regret not buying this for a long time, but with the way this world is going, I don’t want to risk the regret of buying it even more

Munetoshi slicer back in stock over at JNS. What’s the deal with the slicer, just a short suji?

Wooooow. Now, if it was a kitaeji, I'd be all over that (the kiridashi had me really tempted, thanks for whoever saved me while waffling).

Ya I am right there with you. In my heart I feel like $900 for any knife is overkill (for me - chef, user). And I’m also currently v underemployed so that is ultimately the determining factor 😝

Exactly. Now if it was a 270mm for that price, I would have come up with a 1000 excuses to rationalize it.

Might be more tempting if it's true prices are going up 25% next year.

The 270 kitaeji tempted me. It had it in my cart for a tiny bit too long.

I haven't been in a pro kitchen for a while so I couldn't justify it, haha.

Back