Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Mazaki folk there's a 270mm B#1 damascus at Protooling

For the Mazaki folk there's a 270mm B#1 damascus at Protooling
And only US$2400. Whata giveaway price LOL. I see the premium handle is included on this beauty. Deserves better.

PT are notorious for getting the details wrong. I'd want to double check if its B#1. They even made a mistake with the handle material

Last edited:
And only US$2400. Whata giveaway price LOL. I see the premium handle is included on this beauty. Deserves better.

PT are notorious for getting the details wrong. I'd want to double check if its B#1. They even made a mistake with the handle material
😂😂

From what I understand, the steel type is on the blade (and kiri box). Calling @KenHash to confirm, but left is BS#1, right is BS#2:
Untitled.png

Genuinely interested in the numbers please
I’m sure there’s a couple other people more qualified than me to say (talkin to you friz)- but from what I’ve seen the number is south of 20. But these days you can pick a shig or kato like an apple off the tree comparatively...

From what I understand, the steel type is on the blade (and kiri box). Calling @KenHash to confirm, but left is BS#1, right is BS#2:
View attachment 105302

Yes, left is Ao Ichi (blue 1) 青壱 (uses the Ichi 壱 form instead of 一)
and right is Ao Ni (blue 2) 青ニ

In Kanji the numbers 1, 2 and 3 are written 一、二 and 三。
But these can possibly be altered by the addition of additional lines.
To prevent this another way of writing exists. I haven't seen it on blades before though I may simply
not have noticed...lol.

Back