Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
210 Kono FM white 1 w/ saya up now on ToGo

Looks like he'll put the rest of the shipment up around 12 central

Also looks like Kosuke also sold him some jnats as well

210 Kono FM white 1 w/ saya up now on ToGo

Looks like he'll put the rest of the shipment up around 12 central

Also looks like Kosuke also sold him some jnats as well
I’m suprised the HRC on these white 1 only 62? Isn’t it supposed to be 64-65HRC? I thought Yoshikazu Tanaka’s heat treat should be very good

Makes me feel lucky to have gotten an FM B2/210 last June, wish I had a 240 instead, man I dont have time to sit here and refresh for months, lol

Makes me feel lucky to have gotten an FM B2/210 last June, wish I had a 240 instead, man I dont have time to sit here and refresh for months, lol

I emailed Kosuke a few months back and he had two Fujiyamas he was willing to sell directly. An FT and an FM, both 240 in W1 and both with a 10% discount. The FT was discounted because it was no longer in the lineup and the FM because there had been an error in the Kanji and they reground it and did the Kanji again. I ended up buying the FM.

Two knives available (as of this writing) at Dan Prendergast’s site:

One 227 mm and one 234 mm Chef’s knife made from W2 tool steel / wrought iron and bog oak handle.

I bought one just a few days ago.;)

Gotta be quick: they usually sell faster than hot cakes.

Edit: I just noticed there’s also a 189 mm and a 197 mm available at the moment.

Last edited:
Kosuke posted today that they sent a shipment on the CKTG board so anywhere from 2-5 days judging by previous deliveries from Japan.
I see tosho has removed it from their page... so its gone? I didn't even receive an email notice for it...

Tosho just sent out an email today regarding Kaiju's

They'll hit the site on Tues March 9 at 12pm EST.

Also to note, they have a Kiritsuke, Tetsujin, and FM in White 1.

Lastly, they also have a vintage Swedish Carbon, which iirc is accepted to be the Togo Reigo steel

Last time I bought a knife off the site (approx 1 yr ago) I emailed him that I wanted the specific knife, he invoiced me and it was off to the races

They're not taking orders until May, can't buy stones atm either.
I know it says this on the website, but I definitely just ordered a wat pro nakiri from them recently. Initially contacted Feb 10 and payed on the 15th or something and received it within a week. So it might just be a prank or something unless someone has more to say on that.

I know it says this on the website, but I definitely just ordered a wat pro nakiri from them recently. Initially contacted Feb 10 and payed on the 15th or something and received it within a week. So it might just be a prank or something unless someone has more to say on that.
That's welcome news, but at the same time a spending pause was nice too 😂

kumagang

Back