Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of the cleavers.

Did you think the cleavers would sell faster than the gyutos? They were only seconds behind I think. The gyutos were a little shorter than they have been lately. I think my FM funyaki is a little taller, but they looked nice. I would of bought one.
I really thought people would have gone for cleaver first, so many gyutos around, but Blue#2 cleavers not so many. Whether using it or collecting it.
I refreshed the page and saw the damascus gyutos gone in few seconds, but cleavers were still up for grabs. You are right though, they both sold out real fast!

I personally like the measurements 250x50, the height is good!! Alas, I didn't get it though. Maybe next time.

Other than scarcity, why are the Fujiyama’s going so fast & in demand? My understanding was that that the magic here was Yoshikazu Tanaka ( I am a fan obviously since his knives represent like 40% of the knives I own) plus the magical mythical sharpener who has since moved off into the mist to become a hermit & is no longer doing Fujiyamas. I mean don’t get me wrong. I would like to buy one of the 2018, 2019 vintages but why the 2021 demand for a zeitgeist that has passed? Correct my ignorance

Other than scarcity, why are the Fujiyama’s going so fast & in demand? My understanding was that that the magic here was Yoshikazu Tanaka ( I am a fan obviously since his knives represent like 40% of the knives I own) plus the magical mythical sharpener who has since moved off into the mist to become a hermit & is no longer doing Fujiyamas. I mean don’t get me wrong. I would like to buy one of the 2018, 2019 vintages but why the 2021 demand for a zeitgeist that has passed? Correct my ignorance

resale market POPPIN’

Because Myojin is still a fantastic sharpener and trained under Morihiro (the original sharpener). Still some of the best fit and finish in the game and great grinds/profiles with Tanakas heat treat. The magic is still there. That being said I'm just as happy with my Tanaka x Kyuzo which are much more readily available. Kyuzo (or whatever his real name is) also trained under Morihiro and does a great wide bevel and also has great fit and finish.

Older>Newer

How is this not bought out yet? Was the last guy to having him do a custom aogami super that Burrfection store, at a high premium?
Hinoura aogami super is very readily available. Epicurean edge has had some forever and other shops like carbon and pretty sure bernal has them. The ones on burrfection store took awhile to sell until he discounted them. Those were also a different line with a high satin/migaki iron clad finish instead of kurouchi

I have to say that is one damn nice looking nakiri.... I'm curious to see what it is going to be listed for.
As with all Konosuke FM or Kaiju drops just seeing this stresses me out. Not even gonna try. But I do hope for NKW to get one if he wishes so

I've been coveting on of those nakiri ever since they first showed up on Tosho's instagram a few months ago. Might be a birthday present to myself (if I'm fast enough to snag one).

heads up. tsubaya has some 240mm ginsan suiboku available.

ho wood handle 44,000/ 48,400 rosewood + 3000 jpy shipping

I just purchased a rosewood, they have at least a ho wood left, not sure if any rosewood handles remain.

The only difference is that it has the tsubaya shop stamp and not Takada’s stamp.

Heel is about 45mm.

I ve been waiting on these for almost a year !

Attachments

• 4A535E61-BD34-4347-A262-EF3B3642F96E.jpeg
    4A535E61-BD34-4347-A262-EF3B3642F96E.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 3E57529D-BC10-4BFB-A858-5FC46EE7A745.jpeg
    3E57529D-BC10-4BFB-A858-5FC46EE7A745.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 55
  • F2679462-6F84-4E96-8C2A-77B7C42EA9E1.jpeg
    F2679462-6F84-4E96-8C2A-77B7C42EA9E1.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 9ED70D4F-5997-4EAE-B5F7-25B9827BEDBC.jpeg
    9ED70D4F-5997-4EAE-B5F7-25B9827BEDBC.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 48
Something makes me think it is a scam. The rest of the sellers items don't make sense with this.
I think it's just a thrift shop or something. Looks kosher he has tons of feedback at 100%. I threw in an offer for $500 for fun...unsurprisingly that did not work, maybe if everyone low balls him he will get the idea :rolleyes:

Back