Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The description of the cladding makes it sound like he clad it with all the scrap he could find:
Clad: Over 4000 layers of damascus cladding, handforged by Hashimoto, comprised of:

Hitachi yellow paper 2, SK3 SK5, SKS3, SUP10, SNCM448, SNCM630, SCNM815, SNB16, SCN43, SC50C, SS400, various soft iron (information supplied by Hashimoto).

Shibata Koutetsu R2 210mm in stock at CKTG. His stuff has been OOS for quite a while since he injured his hand. Hopefully this means he’s well and back in the shop.

do you guys know if tosho ever has sales or do you remember how it's been in past years?

i'm fiending for those cot dang kono sanjo SKDs. i wonder if they might do black friday or xmas or something.

do you guys know if tosho ever has sales or do you remember how it's been in past years?

i'm fiending for those cot dang kono sanjo SKDs. i wonder if they might do black friday or xmas or something.

Tosho had a sale in the beginning of September which the Konosuke Sanjo SKD Gyuto 240 were 25% off.

bummer. i don't think i was even aware of tosho in early september.

If you don't mind a different finish you could pick up a Yoshikane SKD at Knives & Stones. Should be pretty similar in all other regards I think.

i recently had my hands on a yoshi skd from k&s. bought it as a gift, liked it, and started researching the different variants. i think that kono sanjo at tosho is my favorite. the kono 240mm ys-m in BST is also VERY tempting, but i think i like that tosho variant more.

Last edited:
Last edited:
alright i guess f the kono yoshi skd. i grabbed the last myojin sg2. lol

should be fun.

Back