Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which ones look real? All of those look really fake.

Shame that people do this
O1CN017EVEvs1Z2KeMHJwxd_!!115513136.jpg

This Kiyoshi Kato Kiridashi definitely real, the details is way too much to fake. This takamura hunting knife also good:
1653414953824.png

Shig is harder to recognize but I would fake any kitchen knives before these but still, it's just knife maker markings and can easily be faked. Kinda fun to speculate though
22037357871601_491.jpg

This Kiyoshi Kato Kiridashi definitely real, the details is way too much to fake. This takamura hunting knife also good:
View attachment 181108
Shig is harder to recognize but I would fake any kitchen knives before these but still, it's just knife maker markings and can easily be faked. Kinda fun to speculate though
22037357871601_491.jpg
The last kanji character on those Shigefusa are only (for the most part) on single bevel Kitaeji knives. Clearly a lot of these are fake

View attachment 181108
22037357871601_491.jpg
Actually I’d bet a pretty penny that kiridashi IS NOT a genuine Kato as it looks like a simple vortex Damascus pattern. I have an Echizen Fu Rin Ka Zan with that same pattern.

If it is the same as Konosuke Tetsujin then it should be iron clad.

Edit: Honestly kind want it, but that handle really turns me off, if they do a burned chestnut and eliminate that machi then I'd take it in a heart beat.

If it is the same as Konosuke Tetsujin then it should be iron clad.

Edit: Honestly kind want it, but that handle really turns me off, if they do a burned chestnut and eliminate that machi then I'd take it in a heart beat.
I don’t keep up with these things but if this one performs the same as metal flow I’d just get one of those at togo for $499 with a normal handle lol

I don’t keep up with these things but if this one performs the same as metal flow I’d just get one of those at togo for $499 with a normal handle lol
Didn't notice they have them in stock, I signed up for their $450 Kono version, if I didnt get into the massdrop (which is very likely) I'd just go for it.

Some are hating on the handle, but honestly I think it’s a nice handle, definetely don’t hate it. Also, hate to admit that Ryki Dicki getting a few nice ones.
More of a personal taste really, it is not just Ryky's I don't like, but some of the Fujiyama and Hitohira x Tanaka handles also kind turn me off. At least for me ShiHan and Ryusen's tapered monowood handle are some of the finest, simple, elegant and comfortable, then other monowoods and CKC and JKI's burnt chestnut, KnS's ebony is up there, really well finished but bit heavy. Marble horn and exotic woods are better than rainbow vomit and some of the ****** ho-wood with plastic but just too busy for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks awfully like a bead blasted Kasumi finish. That would be a total turnoff irrespective of the handle or retailer.

Myojin-san wasn't shy showing his huge sandblasting cabinet. Well, why should he? It's just another tool in the arsenal for a polisher his calibre.

Personally, I don't mind blasted kasumi so much now. I think of it like one of those warranty stickers. It is near impossible to (pointlessly) reproduce at home and it'll be gone in a jiffy.

I agree with the loud handle and retailer tho. Not my cup of tea.

Back