Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4B413CFE-11C5-4CBC-9379-62FD1B0CABF3.png

Last edited:
I’ve often wondered if that’s who made the kaeru honyakis, nice to have a confirmation
I don’t think wakui does all of the Kaeru series. But I did suspect it was him this whole time. I suspect him to be the maker of the kochi series at jki also. Who else in sanjo could it be besides him?

I don’t think wakui does all of the Kaeru series. But I did suspect it was him this whole time. I suspect him to be the maker of the kochi series at jki also. Who else in sanjo could it be besides him?
The honyaki and workhorse lines have been shuffled and are under the Wakui section now on JNS, agree I think Wakui is Kochi at JKI

didn't know I got a wakui collecting dust 🤷‍♂️ Mine came with a odd heel with a low spot on the edge, feels so bad had to grind some of those off. The steel kinda weird, it lacks bite and has a low edge retention. I got the short hamon one though, hopefully the newer ones are better

didn't know I got a wakui collecting dust 🤷‍♂️ Mine came with a odd heel with a low spot on the edge, feels so bad had to grind some of those off. The steel kinda weird, it lacks bite and has a low edge retention. I got the short hamon one though, hopefully the newer ones are better
Are u talking about Kaeru Workhorse? I haven’t used it enough to sharpen it yet but mine has a top notch fit and finish. It’s a big nasty knife

Latest posts

Back