Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think these are different from the non-Kono Tetsujins blade wise but the Kono handles are way nicer than the H&K wenge on the non-Konos. I just saw though that CKTG has the 210 Kasumi for 330 which is a crazy price honestly.
I'd spend the extra $50 for the handle upgrade from Ai&Om for sure. Still a great deal though.

I don't think these are different from the non-Kono Tetsujins blade wise but the Kono handles are way nicer than the H&K wenge on the non-Konos. I just saw though that CKTG has the 210 Kasumi for 330 which is a crazy price honestly.
Mine had about a 20 gram difference in blade weight so the Kono was more of a laser than the SG2 for me but both great knives

Mine had about a 20 gram difference in blade weight so the Kono was more of a laser than the SG2 for me but both great knives
I'm comparing the Tetsujin Hamono (not Myojin SG2) to the Kono. Weird though because I would say the SG2 is more of a laser but honestly could just be individual variation in the blue2 since those are forged. (I would guess SG2 would have less variation being stock removal and all)

Joke aside, imagining a Fujiwara knife with an almost symmetric and perfect grind makes my brain hurts, it's kind of an oxymoron.
Not mentioning that the price of a 240mm Denka + Myojin would be ugly.

Alert for Lefty, there’s a lefty honyaki yanagiba out there in auction, you might like it for the price if you don’t mind project knife.https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/x1055577610?conversionType=browsing_history

Which one? Shirogami 1 Damascus or something else?? I wanna buy Yoshi SKD but Someone offer me a good deal on Y Tanaka white 1 Damascus 240mm Gyuto. Now I need to pick one
B1 Kiritsuke! Looking forward to comparing with my Nakagawa x Myojin.

That's a tough one. I keep eyeing the Yoshikane SKD too, but keep getting pulled away by other shiny objects.

Y‘all buying at JNS after my post, bear in mind that you can only buy what I left!!! :angel:
What did u get?

I saw some knives already sold out since the sale started, including favorites like the 180 Toyama nakiri, 165 Mune petty… I’m not sponsored by Maksim or anything, but I would be quick if you guys have your eyes on something…

Back