Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be awesome… but I find 160mm nakiris just frustratingly short.
They confirmed it is blue super. Unfortunately, they said no plans for a gyuto, but I don’t have a read on this since it may just be that Morihei doesn’t have it yet and it isn’t Hokuto’s part to say it. I’d think that they’d sell, especially with the higher fit and finish

Miura has a Manaka restock and the wh2 is priced really nicely. Somebody talk me into one or buy one and tell me how they perform lol
https://miuraknives.com/brand/128-manaka-hamono-
I haven't tried the w#2, but I did have a b2 (also have a b1 which I haven't used yet). But it has a flat grind to a relatively high shinogi at like 20-25mm if I recall. Behind the edge is thin, but since it's not convexed, it becomes more like a medium thickness up the blade. The blade road is perfect for polishing as its flat without low spots. However the finish is kinda draggy stock, like what you would expect with a king 800. Easy enough to refinish tho. The grind I find most comparable to my thinned TF maboroshi in terms of thickness up blade. Profile is a continuous curve with minimal flat. Also it's nice and tall! Get it and let us know how the w#2 version is

They confirmed it is blue super. Unfortunately, they said no plans for a gyuto, but I don’t have a read on this since it may just be that Morihei doesn’t have it yet and it isn’t Hokuto’s part to say it. I’d think that they’d sell, especially with the higher fit and finish
Blue super made by tf?? 265 seems very reasonable for that

You can get a 240 with box for less than that
You are correct! Though it often takes a lot of patience. I made a post for the same knife on KKF, but added this as to bring a bit of better understanding for the price.

YES, I am aware that this may give some of you sticker shock. I’m not trying to insult the market. This was just more expensive and hard to get than anticipated. Worthwhile splurge though as getting a Kato is very rare. :)

Back