Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SG2 knives I have feel very fragile and I don’t like sharpening them. So that’s part of why I’m looking to try Ginsan. Height is also a factor for sure.

Having said that we’re about to move and I’ve got about four or five knives I should sell before I get another anyway. Otherwise I might have pulled the trigger on a number of other things before a ginsan. It’s just on the list of things to try.

The SG2 knives I have feel very fragile and I don’t like sharpening them. So that’s part of why I’m looking to try Ginsan. Height is also a factor for sure.

Having said that we’re about to move and I’ve got about four or five knives I should sell before I get another anyway. Otherwise I might have pulled the trigger on a number of other things before a ginsan. It’s just on the list of things to try.
Ginsan won't be much tougher really. Definitely feels better to sharpen...but at least with diamond stones, my sg2 takes same time as anything else really.

I know that Miura seems to advertise pretty short heel heights for a lot of their knives (45-46mm) but I’ve reached out and checked if they have 49-50mm instock and they usually do.
Yeah, I had that exact knife and it was about 50mm.

kagekiyo3.jpg

Ginsan won't be much tougher really. Definitely feels better to sharpen...but at least with diamond stones, my sg2 takes same time as anything else really.
The SG2 knives I have are most TKV so that’s part of why they seem so fragile. But I feel like part of this obsession is that I need to try things myself anyway. It’s part of the fun. Experiencing the variations.

I know there’s been some discussion on him as seller but other members can reference him.

But heres a lefty shigefusa yanagiba

Back