Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price for the 240 is gonna be scary
Forsure, based on the 2 blade only option he has left from the original ones it puts it at a roughly 50 percent price increase, that would put the 240 with a handle some where in the arena of 1200 usd depending on the handle. That said this is purely speculation on my part based on the other run, the price could be higher or lower, I guess we will find out

Forsure, based on the 2 blade only option he has left from the original ones it puts it at a roughly 50 percent price increase, that would put the 240 with a handle some where in the arena of 1200 usd depending on the handle. That said this is purely speculation on my part based on the other run, the price could be higher or lower, I guess we will find out
I expect it to be higher given the TF pricing model going from 210 to 240. My money is on $1400

Wakui Restock at Aframe Tokyo. Really good price for his stainless clad White #2

https://aframestokyo.com/collections/wakui-prybar-cutlery-co
210 was OOS when I shopped last week. So I ordered and just received 180 santoku and 150 petty. Nice knives.
Went back and ordered the 210, according to website the last one. But it seems they've been coming back into stock pretty fast. Great sale prices and free shipping; couldn't resist..

210 was OOS when I shopped last week. So I ordered and just received 180 santoku and 150 petty. Nice knives.
Went back and ordered the 210, according to website the last one. But it seems they've been coming back into stock pretty fast. Great sale prices and free shipping; couldn't resist..

Damn, didn’t Wakui have a significant increase in price several months back? These look like the old prices, and a darn steal.

The nakiri for $165 is a no-brainer for anybody that wants to dip their toes into the square waters. I bought one as a lark last year and ended up keeping it. Cheapest knife on my rack by far but gets as much use as anything else, and his treatment of white 2 really opened my eyes to what white 2 was capable of.

Damn, didn’t Wakui have a significant increase in price several months back? These look like the old prices, and a darn steal.

The nakiri for $165 is a no-brainer for anybody that wants to dip their toes into the square waters. I bought one as a lark last year and ended up keeping it. Cheapest knife on my rack by far but gets as much use as anything else, and his treatment of white 2 really opened my eyes to what white 2 was capable of.

The old prices of Wakui on Aframes were 50-75$ cheaper. Think the 270 gyuto was $175 for the longest time.

The MM is tempting...I've just got a Nakagawa X Myojin B1 Dammy though as my first date with Myojin sharpened knives. I haven't used it yet. The profile looks similar and the thickness is similar. Would the performance be too similar/sideways upgrade?

The MM is tempting...I've just got a Nakagawa X Myojin B1 Dammy though as my first date with Myojin sharpened knives. I haven't used it yet. The profile looks similar and the thickness is similar. Would the performance be too similar/sideways upgrade?
No Nakagawa on my block, but for me, the MM performs better than my FM B1. For me.

I'm a huge fan of the MM B#2. Ms Mori apparently was training at Shiraki Hamano, so was likely trained by Nakagawa. The heat treat on them is excellent - takes a very wicked edge, and is tough. Myojin's grind is top notch.

Never had a Nagagawa x Myojin, so no idea how it would compare.

This shop in the netherlands has a Konosuke MM in B2/240mm:
japaneseknives.eu
i walked out the back door at work for a couple minutes so I could order one of these a couple hours ago.

I keep telling myself no more knives, but I can’t help myself. Seeing all the praise for these.

Ya’ll are a bunch of enablers.

Back