Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the low, low price of $4,650
Had this one in my hands. It's absolutely beautiful and so much eye to the details. It's definitely a rare collector's piece and for showing off. More something to look at but still very functional on the rare occasion you want to use it.

It would be good to know. Good stuff though from my experience.
By the sounds of it, I was thinking something like rex/45/76 or HAP something. I know someone like Dalman is of course to be well trusted, but it just feels so odd to me buying a knife without knowing what steel it is made of. Not sure I can get over that.

That only makes sense if it's oosik. Come on Benjamin, if we're gonna pay that much for a handle we should be holding walrus **** when we slice.

My Instagram and long time gaming handle is FightingUsik.

That was the informal nickname of my unit in Alaska. We spelled it usik vs oosik for some reason. :)

By the sounds of it, I was thinking something like rex/45/76 or HAP something. I know someone like Dalman is of course to be well trusted, but it just feels so odd to me buying a knife without knowing what steel it is made of. Not sure I can get over that.
I know how you feel, I too prefer to know. For me knowing the steel is more than half the fun even though I maintain that there is much more to a knife than the specific steel. I wish makers didn’t hide the steel, I understand some of the reasons behind it but still….

You might be right about the steel, I was thinking something like T15, but there is really no way to know unless Robin tells us. There are just too many high speed steels that could fit the description. In my use it is good stuff and mine Is very well ground.

I know how you feel, I too prefer to know. For me knowing the steel is more than half the fun even though I maintain that there is much more to a knife than the specific steel. I wish makers didn’t hide the steel, I understand some of the reasons behind it but still….

You might be right about the steel, I was thinking something like T15, but there is really no way to know unless Robin tells us. There are just too many high speed steels that could fit the description. In my use it is good stuff and mine Is very well ground.
I fully admit, if you handed me blue 1 and 2, and white 1 all done very well for example, and used them all for awhile it would be hard for me to tell a big difference, so I totally get "knowing" wouldn't change much for me. But yeah it stopped me from pulling the trigger a few times on the HSS, even if I don't have a great reason for it. It is fun to know. I can definitely tell the difference in use of SG2 and ZDP though for example, but they are quite different steels all things considered

I fully admit, if you handed me blue 1 and 2, and white 1 all done very well for example, and used them all for awhile it would be hard for me to tell a big difference, so I totally get "knowing" wouldn't change much for me. But yeah it stopped me from pulling the trigger a few times on the HSS, even if I don't have a great reason for it. It is fun to know. I can definitely tell the difference in use of SG2 and ZDP though for example, but they are quite different steels all things considered
But it might be 64,5 🤗😜

Someone likes suboptimal HRC? 🤔
they-dont-know.jpg

Back