Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was less than 5 seconds I'm pretty sure... Both times I got to the final checkout screen but I guess if someone was 100ms faster, they were first. Last time I checked the stupid signature confirmation which took like 3 seconds and it just leaves me wondering...

Shipping Info set plus card info saved is how I got the last one.

I think they tried to make this one more variable because of the spaced out time drop.

I'm not too stressed over it. If I'd been chasing it for a long time, I would've done that. It was more of a cool to try situation for me. I bought something else yesterday anyways so I've got consolation. ;)

I was trying to process payment within 10 seconds of it going live, so there’s that. All auto fill and Apple Pay. Was probably truly gone before most got it into their carts. Are taylor swift tickets this hard to get?

Does anyone know how ckc does instore sales on rare knives? Do they have them for sale in store before they sell them online?
It depends. They are pretty up front about that. On their IG, they said that Yanick was available in store if I’m not mistaken.

Did you guys see @HSC /// Knives is working on a slip joint folder?
thanks for the mention, yes I used to make them but it's been almost 3 years I think.
I have a good friend in SoCal who ordered 3 Damasteel ones, his slipjoint I made was stolen, and so I have to relearn the process and develop the patterns, tool up etc. There's many operations and many opportunities to mess something up along the way.

I like making them and the bench work involved. but the slip joint crowd can be a picky collector market, and it's hard to recover the time invested in making one at a high level. That's why I stopped making them . I think as a maker you need to be doing it (making slipjoints) all the time, not just some of the time. And I like making kitchen knives because they get used and it's a better real test of bladesmithing.

Last edited:
Tuna bleeder or garlic knife? Why not both

Screenshot_20230128_133849_Instagram.jpg

Why buy a knife with a profile like that. You can just buy any other knife and use it to pry open a tin can, break it in half, and have the same result.

thanks for the mention, yes I used to make them but it's been almost 3 years I think.
I have a good friend in SoCal who ordered 3 Damasteel ones, his slipjoint I made was stolen, and so I have to relearn the process and develop the patterns, tool up etc. There's many operations and many opportunities to mess something up along the way.

I like making them and the bench work involved. but the slip joint crowd can be a picky collector market, and it's hard to recover the time invested in making one at a high level. That's why I stopped making them . I think as a maker you need to be doing it (making slipjoints) all the time, not just some of the time. And I like making kitchen knives because they get used and it's a better real test of bladesmithing.

As someone who really enjoys a classy slip joint, especially French ones, let me say that knife is gorgeous! Your friend is quite lucky indeed Harbeer.

Back