Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all seriousness tho, every time I buy a knife because of good deal or for a back up knife I just end up using my old knives and sell them on BST, there’s people need this deal much more than me.
nick-young-question-marks.gif

In all seriousness tho, every time I buy a knife because of good deal or for a back up knife I just end up using my old knives and sell them on BST, there’s people need this deal much more than me.
It’s an excellent knife by all means, hope someone can pick this up as their entry knife.
I think this attitude is really fantastic and I also think it would be great if it became more wide spread; I'm a heretic!

If someone is looking for a first J-Knife/Gift/Etc I don't think it gets any better than this. I have a 210mm gyuto from the same line, F&F is not perfect by any means but the knife is very serviceable.

Around $50 with SAVE30 coupon: Hatsukokoro Shirahama White#2 180mm Santoku

Thanks - I’ve been wanting a cheap project knife for testing out stones and with coupon this one fit the bill.

Code SAVE30 made it $56 delivered.

A couple Y. Tanaka's with snakewood handles that seem like a decent deal after the save30 coupon at Home Butcher:

https://homebutcher.com/collections/featured-knives
Those are really tempting...I just don't love the finish on them, like the vertical belt satin and the fact they are a little short in the height department. But for Y. Tanaka dama with snakewood...pretty sweet

Those are really tempting...I just don't love the finish on them, like the vertical belt satin and the fact they are a little short in the height department. But for Y. Tanaka dama with snakewood...pretty sweet
I'm totally with you on this. I prefer the blue steel steel line by Nakagawa x Myojin for both finish and size (Sorry, I mixed up two knives). That said, I still think the D-handle one of these at $350.00 is a really nice deal. Fortunately I was able grab a snakewood handled blue (230mm x 50mm) a couple months ago. :)

Last edited:
Back