Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Tak Kong just got some Mazaki Hon Sanmai, the interesting thing is he said Mazaki tested his white 2 in Japan and it comes out at 65 HRC, which is quite high for non Honyakis. You can use the translation function for details

its gone already..not by me

CKTG has Anryu blue #2 210mm's in stock

I haven't seen these restocked on takefu knife village's official site since I was able to get my hands on one last year. Tkvstore does have some blue #2 Petty's they posted recently, though

I know a couple people were looking for a kiridashi recently. Woodcraft is having a clearance sale for a blue steel (not sure 1 or 2), 3/8"x6 1/2" (avg) one. Since I was there recently I grabbed one. Not the biggest face for polishing but the cutting edge is 25mm. I'm probably going to use this one and not just for stone testing. Sorry for the eh pics.

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/...ue-steel-woodworking-knife-kiridashi-kogatana
20230520_173429.jpg20230520_173437.jpg20230520_173534.jpg20230520_173546.jpg

Last edited:
Hatsukokoro sale on Rodriguez Butcher Supply - add one to cart and the rather generous discount appears.

Not stackable with the Father's Day code though
Wow, you're not kidding about the generous discount. With the discount, a knife I was looking at is almost 50% less than what another vendor is selling for the same knife. Makes me wonder what the other retailer's markup is on some of the knives.

Latest posts

Back