Knife Tatoo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inadvisable, given that people will assume it’s a generic “white person gets chinese/japanese characters tattooed on them” situation. Or you could just embrace it and get a Shigefusa tramp stamp.

Edit: if you are not white, maybe this is less controversial. I tend to read a lot into avatars. I thought @ashy2classy was black for a long time. Then I looked more closely and thought he was Jay-Z, lying low by adopting a non-identifying username. Then after some more months, I concluded that maybe he was just using Jay-Z as an avatar.
*** did I just read??

Inadvisable, given that people will assume it’s a generic “white person gets chinese/japanese characters tattooed on them” situation. Or you could just embrace it and get a Shigefusa tramp stamp.

Edit: if you are not white, maybe this is less controversial. I tend to read a lot into avatars. I thought @ashy2classy was black for a long time. Then I looked more closely and thought he was Jay-Z, lying low by adopting a non-identifying username. Then after some more months, I concluded that maybe he was just using Jay-Z as an avatar.

Couldn’t care less what other people think... many people are morons.... possibly why I never felt like tattooing my inner mind for them to see.

Without any disrespect to anyone. I come to forums because a same passion reunites people, and tends to standardize a certain level of intelligence - experience, knowledge of the market, will play a big role for example. If not I guess I wouldn’t care, but forums are refreshing because they’re a place I’ll start going to assuming that most members know more and better than me.

*** did I just read??

**** if I know.

Couldn’t care less what other people think... many people are morons.... possibly why I never felt like tattooing my inner mind for them to see.

Without any disrespect to anyone. I come to forums because a same passion reunites people, and tends to standardize a certain level of intelligence - experience, knowledge of the market, will play a big role for example. If not I guess I wouldn’t care, but forums are refreshing because they’re a place I’ll start going to assuming that most members know more and better than me.

Now that’s a refreshing post. Sorry if my post seemed judgmental — was just poking some fun. Obviously you should get whatever tattoo feels right. :)

Last edited:

You ever thought I’m a lion?

And... that thing about Jay-z. It was a joke right?! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
**** if I know.

Now that’s a refreshing post. Sorry if my post seemed judgmental — was just poking some fun. Obviously you should get whatever tattoo feels right. :)

Not at all, and you would have a point with most people. Me... I’d just smirk at the thought that I know better than to judge what I can’t properly read anyhow.

I agree whatever with the essence of your argument: there are too many tattoos out there that are more decoration than a visible trace of one’s spirit.

Assuming your assumption is right, he’d have gone to the length of either professionally get a picture on a white background or to digitally crop it (and a neat job at that).

Not at all, and you would have a point with most people. Me... I’d just smirk at the thought that I know better than to judge what I can’t properly read anyhow.

I agree whatever with the essence of your argument: there are too many tattoos out there that are more decoration than a visible trace of one’s spirit.
If you're not familiar, it's the California legal code for someone diagnosed insane. (I'm not crazy. I grew up with someone that was mentally ill. My childhood was a bit chaotic)
20200515_171751.jpg

This was done totally jailhouse style.

If you're not familiar, it's the California legal code for someone diagnosed insane. (I'm not crazy. I grew up with someone that was mentally ill. My childhood was a bit chaotic)View attachment 80565

when i was a teen, i used to carve V.L. (vatos locos) with a swiss army knife onto my hand (area between thumb and index finger). enough to draw blood but not deep enough to leave a scar. why? i have no freaking clue.

If you're not familiar, it's the California legal code for someone diagnosed insane. (I'm not crazy. I grew up with someone that was mentally ill. My childhood was a bit chaotic)View attachment 80565

Real tattoo as the two others you’ve shown. And I believe some things are carried so deep inside that one needs a surface to lay them upon.

No tattoos on this guy. Used to have long hair down past mid back. Rocked the man bun over a decade before it was a thing. But those rebel days have subsided a bit.
I hate to say it but we may have been the same person until like 2005. And maybe haven’t diverged all that much since. :)

Ha! Same... I was a 'hipster' at least 10 years before it became cool. I am a relatively hairy guy.... not shaving is a hell of a lot easier than shaving every day! Head hair? Probably laziness again... Or flaunting it while i know i have it?

.... Or maybe I just like The Dude??? 🕶🥛

** did I just read??

To be fair, I'll back @ian on this. I remember it... I had the same reaction. Human beings are extraordinary correlation machines. It happens without you noticing. Forming assumptions isnt necessarily a bad thing. Its what you do with them that matters....

But isn't that a form of judgement? Does it matter if it is a spiritual message, decoration or just a living leather post-it-note?

Personally, I don't see the point of being flippant about something so permanent (and sometimes visible)... Thats a reflection of my values. But if other people act differently, so bit it. Who am I to judge?

It is interesting though. Tattoos did mean/symbolise/signal something in the past:

You should only get tattoos if you were in prison or the military.
Sorry, I don’t make the rules.

A friend of mine had a father with a massive dragon tattoo on his back! He served in the navy for some time.

... Tattoos on gang members who have evaded prison are also permissible within the rules...

Come on now.... don't leave us hanging. Thats three limbs. Whats on the fourth!? 😋

Los locos!? Hehe classic movie series man! "Not malfunction Stephanie. Number 5 is alive."

Back