Knives in Miami

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ordo

Reaction score
A friend is travelling to Miami. I'm introducing him into the world of Japanese knives and stones and recommended to buy one knife -a gyuto- and one stone -may be a Bester 1200, to begin.
Can somebody point me to a knife vendor in Miami? Thanks in advance.

Absolutely nothing in this god forsaken town. The only place I know to buy japanese knives is from this guy that drives around in a truck on Miami Beach, and he is overpriced by at least 3 fold.

Cheers
Drew

An internet cafe.

Just kidding. I don't live there, but here in Dallas-Fort Worth, we are equally lacking in decent cutlery. We even have a giant(for a knife store) knife shop called HOUSE OF BLADES, and they sell Shun and some cheap run-of-the-mill-no-name stuff from Sakai.

Im north of Miami and there is zip, zilch, nada. A culinary knife wasteland

True world foods who are fish suppliers in Miami also carry an extensive collection of Japanese knives. Hope this helps

True World Foods Miami LLC
11205 North West 36th Ave.
Miami, Florida 33167
USA
Tel: 305.687.4303
Fax:305.687.074

An internet cafe.

Just kidding. I don't live there, but here in Dallas-Fort Worth, we are equally lacking in decent cutlery. We even have a giant(for a knife store) knife shop called HOUSE OF BLADES, and they sell Shun and some cheap run-of-the-mill-no-name stuff from Sakai.

True world foods has a location in Dallas and according to their website they have an extensive selection of Japanese chef knives. Hope this helps
True World Foods Dallas LLC
8919 Governors Row
Dallas, Texas 75247
USA
Tel: 214.887.8009
Fax:214.887.809

I don't like to go to Dallas. But I'll check it out sometime. Thanks!

Funny, the sushi bar I worked at bought from True World on a monthly basis(cause they deliver on odd days). I never thought they'd have a storefront.

True world foods who are fish suppliers in Miami also carry an extensive collection of Japanese knives. Hope this helps

True World Foods Miami LLC
11205 North West 36th Ave.
Miami, Florida 33167
USA
Tel: 305.687.4303
Fax:305.687.074

It helps a lot. Thanks.

I had no idea about this place! Thanks Sachem, I'll have to check it out soon.

I have never actually been to this place. My True World foods rep in NYC told me that the company has an extensive Japanese Knife and equipment line. I did not ask him if it was through the rep or actually at the locations. He gave me the addresses of a few of there locations, so i passed them on to you. they have a website but I haven't been to it yet. www.trueworldfoods.com

The web site doesn't really tell you what they carry, so it may just be a Japanese version of Sani-white stuff.

This could be, I have a few compadres that live very close to there, maybe I'll see if they can poke their heads in before I venture across the bridge.

As a person born and raised in Miami Florida good luck is all I have to say. The only place I've ever found a knife worth buy was in an Asian market that closed years before I left the place for good. You would have an easier time finding hunting knives or the typical Shun's etc there. Great food yes as it is easy to find however knives better off searching on the net.

Went by the Dallas location today. They didn't actually have any knives there but they told me they can order from Takayuki. They were very nice and I left with a couple complimentary sushi posters and some catalogs :happymug:

Went by the Dallas location today. They didn't actually have any knives there but they told me they can order from Takayuki. They were very nice and I left with a couple complimentary sushi posters and some catalogs :happymug:
Well at least you got something out of the trip and now we know they actually don't physically have knives.lol learn something new everyday.

Well at least you got something out of the trip and now we know they actually don't physically have knives.lol learn something new everyday.

For sure, I was out and about and figured I stop by to check 'em out.
I wonder if some of their other locations might keep knives in stock though...
On their site it said they also carry Tojiro and Hidemune, maybe it varies from location to location.

Back