Knives spotted in the wild: celebrity chef edition

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Feiii

Reaction score
I’m aware of the location. I’ve seen other chefs in the same kitchen using their own knives.
At the same time I cannot blame him for not bringing his expensive knife for a 10 minute meal prep (when it comes to using the knife). He cut/deveined/chopped roughly some shrimps and a little bit of veggies.

demirtasem

Reaction score
I saw this in Youtube Awesome thread. Any idea about the knife? Looks like a Carter but not sure.

baggyjorts

Reaction score
I saw this in Youtube Awesome thread. Any idea about the knife? Looks like a Carter but not sure.

Could be a Henry Hyde? I've seen Lucas post something about Hyde knives on his IG story, aesthetics seem like that could be it

Photo from Hyde website
1653939589750.png

JayS20

Reaction score

At 2:10 you can see in front of the pointer finger near the spine something which looks either like a 9 or an S

HumbleHomeCook

I cut therefore I am.
Reaction score
There’s several videos of Jacques Pepin using Feder knives, including this one posted by Geoff himself

I had forgotten about him until now. I recall he was working with Carl Ruiz on a knife when he died. I think I remember him posting about it on another forum but maybe it was re-posts from others.

Not my style but I mean, if the master is a fan of his work... 👍

demirtasem

Reaction score
Could be a Henry Hyde? I've seen Lucas post something about Hyde knives on his IG story, aesthetics seem like that could be it

Photo from Hyde website
View attachment 182111

Thank you! It's definitely look like them with the handle shape.

At 2:10 you can see in front of the pointer finger near the spine something which looks either like a 9 or an S

Yea his name engraved to the knife, Lucas Sin.

Delat

Dazed & Confused
Reaction score
Just saw this one on an Uncle Roger video in Thuy Diem Pham’s restaurant (Little Viet Kitchen). Was at first hoping it was a Denka but looks a little more mainstream?

4AF24EE2-4534-40B5-8E92-AA2103DB8B15.png

Jovidah

Vocal amateur
Reaction score
Looks like 'the' standard tsuchime damascus OEM knife. Shows up with both red-brown pakka wood western handle and a variety of wa-handle options, though the most common is the dark brown + pakka bolster version ian linked. Almost all shops sell it in, though usually under a different name.