Knives spotted in the wild: celebrity chef edition

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m aware of the location. I’ve seen other chefs in the same kitchen using their own knives.
At the same time I cannot blame him for not bringing his expensive knife for a 10 minute meal prep (when it comes to using the knife). He cut/deveined/chopped roughly some shrimps and a little bit of veggies.

I saw this in Youtube Awesome thread. Any idea about the knife? Looks like a Carter but not sure.

Could be a Henry Hyde? I've seen Lucas post something about Hyde knives on his IG story, aesthetics seem like that could be it

Photo from Hyde website
1653939589750.png

I saw this in Youtube Awesome thread. Any idea about the knife? Looks like a Carter but not sure.

At 2:10 you can see in front of the pointer finger near the spine something which looks either like a 9 or an S

There’s several videos of Jacques Pepin using Feder knives, including this one posted by Geoff himself

I had forgotten about him until now. I recall he was working with Carl Ruiz on a knife when he died. I think I remember him posting about it on another forum but maybe it was re-posts from others.

Not my style but I mean, if the master is a fan of his work... 👍

Could be a Henry Hyde? I've seen Lucas post something about Hyde knives on his IG story, aesthetics seem like that could be it

Photo from Hyde website
View attachment 182111

Thank you! It's definitely look like them with the handle shape.

At 2:10 you can see in front of the pointer finger near the spine something which looks either like a 9 or an S

Yea his name engraved to the knife, Lucas Sin.

Just saw this one on an Uncle Roger video in Thuy Diem Pham’s restaurant (Little Viet Kitchen). Was at first hoping it was a Denka but looks a little more mainstream?

4AF24EE2-4534-40B5-8E92-AA2103DB8B15.png

Looks like 'the' standard tsuchime damascus OEM knife. Shows up with both red-brown pakka wood western handle and a variety of wa-handle options, though the most common is the dark brown + pakka bolster version ian linked. Almost all shops sell it in, though usually under a different name.

My man matty matheson is usually spotted with a z-kramer or nenohi nenox. But today it looks like he's rocking an opinel and maybe even a nata on his knife rack??

2022-07-20-15-51-13.jpg

Don't ever change, matty. You psychopath.
He also got the CCK lil rino, from an article I read a while ago he seems to be a long term customer of JKI

My man matty matheson is usually spotted with a z-kramer or nenohi nenox. But today it looks like he's rocking an opinel and maybe even a nata on his knife rack??

2022-07-20-15-51-13.jpg

Watched a video recently where he said he donated his zKramer for charity and it raised $7K. Bob reached out to him directly and to show his appreciation, he made Matty a knife.

Are you sure he uses Nenox? I thought they were Corian Mcusta Zanmai's?

Also, I spot a Middleton made chef knife on the left of his mag strip.

Are you sure he uses Nenox? I thought they were Corian Mcusta Zanmai's?

I've seen a corian nenox a bunch of times. Haven't spotted the mcusta but that doesn't mean he doesn't also use one.

Here's a shot of the logo on the nenox from his chorizo lasagna video:

Matty-Matheson-Nenox.png

corian handle:

Matty-Matheson-Nenox-HANDLE.png

Last edited:

2022-07-20-15-51-13.jpg

Looks like the one to the left of the Opinel is a Takeda Seiryu...I don't think I'll ever part with mine.
-Mark

Attachments

• 16585898489136018385641648021753.jpg
    16585898489136018385641648021753.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 0
Looks like the one to the left of the Opinel is a Takeda Seiryu...I don't think I'll ever part with mine.
-Mark

Wow nice catch! I thought that the handle resembled the style I've seen on Japanese "outdoor" type knives -- hunters, choppers, etc. Looks like some retailers advertise the takeda seiryu as a hunting knife. What do you use it for in the kitchen? All purpose utility?

Soulful blade, very cool.

Personally, I have no use for it in my kitchen. The blade is super-stout and better suited to the abuses of a campsite. It would work for breaking down large bone joints or hard squash?
As you can see, the spine is almost twice the thickness of my Watanabe outdoor knife.
-Mark

Attachments

• 16585926688974906779428304800878.jpg
    16585926688974906779428304800878.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 0
Back