• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Kochi or wakui

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for Wakui hairline 240mm like the ones that Bernal used to carry or Kochi 240mm stainless clad gyuto.
Ty
The Bernal stainless clad W#2 core 240 gyuto with rosewood handle had an extremely thin edge, was fairly light, and the profile had a little bit more than a gentle curve throughout. I let go of mine as it seemed too fragile for a knife that had a profile best suited to rocking. You might look at Ai and Om, I just got one from them which is more of a true midweight with a more beefy taper but still pretty thin behind the edge. AI and Om will send pics of the knife you're interested in, they were very helpful to me, I got a 240 gyuto and a 180 nakiri. I plan to rehandle them with rosewood D handles to go with my Bernal 210 gyuto and 165 nakiri.

The Bernal stainless clad W#2 core 240 gyuto with rosewood handle had an extremely thin edge, was fairly light, and the profile had a little bit more than a gentle curve throughout. I let go of mine as it seemed too fragile for a knife that had a profile best suited to rocking. You might look at Ai and Om, I just got one from them which is more of a true midweight with a more beefy taper but still pretty thin behind the edge. AI and Om will send pics of the knife you're interested in, they were very helpful to me, I got a 240 gyuto and a 180 nakiri. I plan to rehandle them with rosewood D handles to go with my Bernal 210 gyuto and 165 nakiri.
Yeah, that’s my understanding as well. I’m aware epic edge and others carry slightly heavier yet still light wakui hairlines but I really want another light and painfully thin one!

Fly a test balloon past the new profile Masahi at Aframes? Ex-Yoshi smith like Wakui, sld, light--5.2oz (150g).
I haven't tried one, but the profile is similar to the old Wakui.

Fly a test balloon past the new profile Masahi at Aframes? Ex-Yoshi smith like Wakui, sld, light--5.2oz (150g).
I haven't tried one, but the profile is similar to the old Wakui.
Not interested lol. I have a better version of the same knife already, it’s called Watoyama.

I picked up a kochi 270 migaki last week. Kochi/wakui are such awesome affordable knives. Perfect for pro kitchens.

Those ginsan kagekiyos Jon has are ridiculous. I’ve been staring at them for weeks. In this new kitchen though, I don’t trust bringing in anything over $350 for now. So I went with the kochi migaki. The ginsan Craig has are really nice too though. Little more affordable. Seem super light and also pretty thin behind the edge

Those ginsan kagekiyos Jon has are ridiculous. I’ve been staring at them for weeks. In this new kitchen though, I don’t trust bringing in anything over $350 for now. So I went with the kochi migaki. The ginsan Craig has are really nice too though. Little more affordable. Seem super light and also pretty thin behind the edge
I’ll probably get them both.

Back