Kochi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these the same steel as the regular kurouchi?

White 2 vs v2 if I recall. I’ve had 240mm gyutos in both flavors, kept the stainless because it was a little thicker and heavier. The steel doesn’t seem quite as “crisp” on the stones, maybe? but it gets crazy sharp with just as little effort and holds it pretty well for a guy who uses his mostly at home most nights of the week. I’ve used it for a couple 8-hour sausage-prepping shifts at a butcher shop with no need for even a touch-up too.

Kochi S-grind doing work @ 9:37

Just picked up 240 Kurouchi, can't wait to test out the food release

White 2 vs v2 if I recall. I’ve had 240mm gyutos in both flavors, kept the stainless because it was a little thicker and heavier. The steel doesn’t seem quite as “crisp” on the stones, maybe? but it gets crazy sharp with just as little effort and holds it pretty well for a guy who uses his mostly at home most nights of the week. I’ve used it for a couple 8-hour sausage-prepping shifts at a butcher shop with no need for even a touch-up too.
Which is which?

The stainless KU is tough and looks great. Some knives have little better edge retention and release but not bad in the Kochi.

Falling through food, tall heel blade geometry, and ease of sharpening it has in spades.

Not to mention one of the very best handles for a pro kitchen.

Back