Koji, not kochi- class this weekend In Connecticut

Discussion in 'Whats Cooking? Food, Drink, & Gear' started by rickbern, Dec 4, 2018.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Dec 4, 2018 #1

rickbern

rickbern

rickbern

Supporting Member

Watched a video about dry aging beef (alexthefrenchguy), very funny and very informative, and one thing lead to another (including a trip to the butcher to buy 28 day dry aged steak) so I researched dry aging a little.

Found out there’s a dry aging hack that involves Koji rice and I saw this class is only a two hour drive away in coastal Connecticut.

https://www.yellowfarmhouse.org/book-online/koji-applications-making

Looks interesting, I’m trying to decide if it’s worth spending six hours in a car to do it. Thought I’d let others in the region know about it.

Rick

ThinMan likes this.
  2. Dec 4, 2018 #2

parbaked

parbaked

parbaked

I have a friend in the Bay Area who is in the koji and miso business.
    Mariko has done a lot to promote the use at home and in some top local restaurants.
    Her company Aeden host numerous workshops on making and cooking with miso and koji.
    http://aedansf.com/workshop/

3. Dec 4, 2018 #3

JBroida

JBroida

JBroida

Founding Member KKF Vendor

hey... i know that guy (Rich)... super nice guy and crazy knowledgeable about koji... let me know if you end up going (and say hi for me)

4. Dec 6, 2018 #4

Ochazuke

Ochazuke

Ochazuke

I wish I had seen this class before it sold out! It’s nearby for me and I 100% would have done it! I make my own nukazuke, but I also really want to get in to bettarazuke.