Koki Updated his Site

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Japanese Chefs Knives has changed a bit. It was never super user-friendly, but now there are different search functions. I haven't poked around it that much, but you can search by steel type and he has more information about the different types of steel.

k.

It is kinda funny how low budget his site is compared to how amazing his service is, but the site sorta has a charm about it. If you ever look at Watanabe's site it is similar, he has pictures of himself and the coloured chart to show how busy he is is nice

Good websites in the knife world are few and far between in my experience. Cluttered, dated looking, typos, poor photos, incomplete specs, etc.

I kind of liked his site. Few categories, and lots of scrolling. Like a good mall, which made you stroll past shops that you found interesting. I would usually browse away happily. His specials kept growing though until half the website was on the specials page...

Interesting. It still looks(and loads) like a geocities site. Takes me back to the day...

Man, if he'd update his inventory more frequently, he'd probably get more sales. His "what's new" section will sit dormant for months.

As a business owner I know the key is to "create" events that draw attention; keep people interested.

I only check his site out about bi-monthly, because of this.

Japanese Chefs Knives has changed a bit. It was never super user-friendly, but now there are different search functions. I haven't poked around it that much, but you can search by steel type and he has more information about the different types of steel.

k.

"You can taste speechless cutting performance."

I want this on a t-shirt. I like the new site set up.

Cheers,

Jack

Still feels the same when I am browsing. I too wish it was updated with product more often. Sometimes, I feel it is a fun place to browse all the cool knifes that are sold out. That being said I bought a Hattori FH parer there and i am on the KD Hattori waiting list that will likely never move. I am sure I will buy more knives from there. Koki is extremely helpful and nice. Really great customer service. Shipping is amazing I have ordered from New York at the same time as from Koki in Japan and had the knife from Japan get to me first. That is good shipping.

+1, I got a masamoto gyuto in two days from jck... I've waited eight business days to get something from the west coast before.

I had a knife take 9 days, and in the same state even. It just never went straight down to here. It went south on the other side of the great divide to salt lake, then west to cheyenne. Not counting 7 days for fed ex to pick it up.

I've had quite a few knives take 3 days which is amazing since I ain't even on the mainland UK

I always appreciated the fact that their web site functions simply and efficiently with basic html and allows easy payment and checkout. What more could you ask for? I can always rely on their site to NOT slow down my computer with fancy scripts, loading Java applets, videos etc. and to work the same in different browsers, different machines, etc. That is a good thing in my book, JCK has always been one of my favorite web sites to shop on because it has nice big pictures, not tiny pics where you can't even see the knife. Actually of all the online knife sites, JCK is my favorite because it is so simple.

Although they don't change inventory very often, he does carry a wide selection to choose from and has been slowly developing the JCK Kagayaki line with nice additions. He also has 'what's new' to easily check and the 'specials' page which seems to be where most of the new additions get added.

And not to forget, Koki is always helpful to get stuff not explicitly offered on his site (i.e. lefties, sayas etc.).

Back