Kono Sanjo SKD Tsuchime KU Nashiji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the difference between Kono and Yoshi is that Kono has better f&f and what I understand is that he finishes everything in-house. so Ivan might be finished that knife.

I haven't compared the two. I own the Yoshikane SKD12 Tsuchime 240 from Epic Edge and it's hard to imagine a better fit and finish. The grind is so consistent it looks like it was done by CNC machine and the spine and choil are polished. Are there specific improvements to the Konosuke version?

It's interesting watching the preference for thinner or meatier grinds shift over time. Personally, I prefer thin - even assassin death thin, like this kono. I cook at home for one or two. I don't cook professionally. It's a rare day when I'm dealing with truly significant volume, and I am almost never under any sort of time pressure. So I have no need to plow through huge amounts of prep and I'm not all that concerned about food release. I just enjoy the thrill of pure cutting performance and it's hard to beat a laser in that regard.

Are they the most sophisticated or artistic? No. Do they cut like a muthafxker? Yessir.

🤷‍♂️

I just enjoy the thrill of pure cutting performance and it's hard to beat a laser in that regard.
I have a knife here that you might like, I haven't used it much... the spine is quite thick, but behind the edge where it really counts, and for quite a long way up, it's very very thin. It's sort of a unique shape, only about 5/8ths of an inch from the edge to the spine, with a curved tang, and an interestingly designed fold-over type of handle. It actually came with an odd little brush and a round soapdish, don't know why you would want those for a knife. :)

Back