• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Konosuke 240mm Ginsan Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling a pre-2018 Konosuke ginsan gyuto in 240mm. Shiraki-forged and Kawakita-sharpened wide bevel beauty. This is nimble, beautifully balanced, and in absolutely perfect condition. A superb cutter. Yew handle with buffalo horn ferrule.

6CB03C79-5BB9-4973-8288-BB5966568B41.jpeg

FEA97D63-6075-4A8B-937E-83FA7F6DF867.jpeg

Measurements:
391mm overall length
248mm machi to tip
229mm heel to tip
47mm height at heel

Asking $425 shipped in the USA.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's Morihiro? I thought 3 characters meant Kawakita was the sharpener for the Ginsan. (Morihiro versions had 4)

I never thought I needed a wide bevel knife, but I bought one anyway on the BST, and proceeded to try to figure out what it was for. It didn't take long. I was slicing some summer sausage with it, trying to keep to thin slices, and was astonished at the thinness of the slices that came off the roll. Way thinner than I could do with anything else I have.

Now I think everyone should have a wide bevel knife.

With respect to Kawakita vs Morihiro-
Yeah, the prevailing information, from Kosuke, was that the blades with 3 kanji are Kawakita and the blades with 4 kanji are Morihiro. And this is supposed to hold true for all the Ginsan and Honyaki.

That said, I have found a couple instances where 3-kanji blades are indeed by Morihiro... so.. I can't state that its a 100% perfect rule.

I can say with full honesty I have enjoyed knives sharpened by Craftsmen, though. I have a Ginsan as well as a B1 Honyaki by Kawakita that are always fun to cut with.

Back