• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke FM W1 Gyuto 210mm & 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gloom

Reaction score
Ended up with these 2 and the FT from the drops and have way too many things on the way. Decided to let these guys go at cost including shipping conus. 240mm is BNIB and the 210mm is pretty much BNIB (cut one slice of sashimi with it). If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Fujiyama FM W1 210mm Ebony - $390 shipped CONUS [SOLD]
Fujiyama FM W1 240mm Laurel - $400 shipped CONUS [SOLD]

both.JPG

210mm
210front.JPG
210back.JPG
210spine.JPG
210grind.JPG

240mm
240front.JPG
240back.JPG
240grind.JPG
240spine.JPG

Last edited:
What’s the heel height and weight of the 210
I will get that for you first thing tomorrow morning. Don't have a scale on me for the weight at the moment and it does not say on the site it was purchased from.

Ok thanks boss, super light isn’t for me which most konos tend to be lol hoping the ebony adds some weight to it tho cuz I’ve been digging the fm a lot lately

Ok thanks boss, super light isn’t for me which most konos tend to be lol hoping the ebony adds some weight to it tho cuz I’ve been digging the fm a lot lately

I prefer the heavier blades usually as well but the 240 FT I have is even lighter than the 210 and it is my go to at the moment. The way these knives perform is amazing. Weight on the 210 is at 147g and the heel height is right at 46mm. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Can you explain the FT line? I am only familiar with fujiyama and hd2. Also where did it drop from?

The FT are a new line of Fujiyamas that were launched very recently.

These are clad knives, forged by Yoshikazu Tanaka, and sharpened by a different sharpener than the FM sharpener. As part of his finishing process, the surface of the blade is given a frosted-damascus like finish.

The sharpener is very talented and has many years behind him- he's just new to the Fujiyama lines.

Very thin grinds on the FTs- thinner throughout the whole body of the blade; though, some of the FMs, at times, look thinner right at the edge to my eyes.

Can you explain the FT line? I am only familiar with fujiyama and hd2. Also where did it drop from?

As Omega said the FT is the new generation of the Fujiyama series launched a couple weeks ago. They are sharpened in the same style as the HD2 series so are quite a bit thinner than these throughout the blade. There were 3 retailers that received batches of the FT to sell and each had a different steel type (Blue 1, Blue 2, and White 2). The knives I have posted are not the FT series and are the Fujiyama FM line.

sorry one more question, how are these FM models different from the regular fujiyama line?

SPF on the 210mm.

240mm is still available as of now.

What are the dimensions on the 240?

Heel height = 50mm
Weight = 158g
Cutting edge length = Just about 9 inches (228.6mm)

That's all I have on hand right this second but can get more specs for you if needed once I'm back from the office.

210mm is SOLD, thanks KKF.

I'll drop the 240mm to $390 shipped and leave it up for a couple days.

sorry one more question, how are these FM models different from the regular fujiyama line?

From what I understand, these are actually the new regular Fujiyamas. They are called FM to reflect the name of the new sharpener.
The Fujiyamas have been MIA for a while as the original sharpener got tired of making them so a new person had to be found and trained. This is the FM.
The FT is finished by a different sharpener than the FM.

Recently however the original Fujiyama sharpener was enticed into finishing some wide bevels that were put out about 6 or so weeks ago. Needless to say, they sold out in minutes.

Confused yet?

I might be a bit off with some info, if so maybe Omega can set me straight. He da man!

Regardless....the FM is an outstanding knife that wears the Fujiyama moniker with pride!

From what I understand, these are actually the new regular Fujiyamas. They are called FM to reflect the name of the new sharpener.
The Fujiyamas have been MIA for a while as the original sharpener got tired of making them so a new person had to be found and trained. This is the FM.
The FT is finished by a different sharpener than the FM.

Recently however the original Fujiyama sharpener was enticed into finishing some wide bevels that were put out about 6 or so weeks ago. Needless to say, they sold out in minutes.

Confused yet?

I might be a bit off with some info, if so maybe Omega can set me straight. He da man!

Regardless....the FM is an outstanding knife that wears the Fujiyama moniker with pride!

Thank you Maui they are indeed amazing knives. It was actually difficult to put these up for sale but I have too many things on the way in and that just arrived so need to clear some space.

Yes you are correct that these are the regular Fujiyama line now and they are just called FM to represent this model/sharpener. The FT is a new version on the Fujiyama that we will be seeing more of on the way. These knives are incredible and sold out within seconds when they were posted.

Back