• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke Fujiyama 240mm Damascus Blue #1 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

HalfBloodHobbit

Reaction score
Konosuke Fujiyama Blue #1 Damascus with Saya. Never could bring myself to take it out and use it, just too pretty

Stats:

Weight: 220 grams
Heel Height: 52mm
Length: 234mm

$975 Shipping Included CONUS

Price Drip to $950

(Will trade for a Kaiju but nothing else 🤣)

Attachments

• 20220409_191112.jpg
    20220409_191112.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 20220409_190937.jpg
    20220409_190937.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 20220409_191024.jpg
    20220409_191024.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 20220409_191042.jpg
    20220409_191042.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 20220409_191201.jpg
    20220409_191201.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

HalfBloodHobbit

Reaction score
Had a couple of inquiries for international shipping but for the time being this is a US only sale, recently had a knife rejected by the airline for shipping via USPS express to Australia with no explanation.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is Myojin or Morihiro, it was bought from Tosho circa 2016/2017.
Per Konosuke’s site I think it’s safe to assume it’s Morihiro since the knife was made prior to 2018

“An integral part of the very beginnings of Konosuke as a company, Morihiro served as the sole sharpener of the Fujiyama line of knives until 2018. His now-iconic Wide-Bevel design is one of the most sought after pieces in Konosuke's history, while his hamaguri-style sharpening is potentially some of the best in all of Japan.”

Omega

Reaction score
With a timeline of 2016/2017, the possibility of it being Myojin is still there. While they didn't officially announce Myojin until much later, he came into the fold with Konosuke a couple years ahead of the FM release. Its something I know I need to append to my Fujiyama History article; it was something I wasn't able to dig up through conversations with Kosuke and Myojin directly until sometime in 2019.

Something I'd recommend, though, for ANY Konosuke knife that people would like details on- buyers or sellers -always feel Encouraged to reach out to Kosuke directly by Email for details on knives. He keeps pretty decent records on almost all knives that come through. [which, with Fujiyama, isn't too difficult.. as there aren't a lot of them post-2015].

He can coordinate with his own records and with Tosho directly to help establish the provenance of the knife.

Reaction score
With a timeline of 2016/2017, the possibility of it being Myojin is still there. While they didn't officially announce Myojin until much later, he came into the fold with Konosuke a couple years ahead of the FM release. Its something I know I need to append to my Fujiyama History article; it was something I wasn't able to dig up through conversations with Kosuke and Myojin directly until sometime in 2019.

Something I'd recommend, though, for ANY Konosuke knife that people would like details on- buyers or sellers -always feel Encouraged to reach out to Kosuke directly by Email for details on knives. He keeps pretty decent records on almost all knives that come through. [which, with Fujiyama, isn't too difficult.. as there aren't a lot of them post-2015].

He can coordinate with his own records and with Tosho directly to help establish the provenance of the knife.
You know, I almost reached out to you about this knife… but yes I suppose that’s true. Kosuke would probably know better than anyone.

Omega

Reaction score
haha I mean, you can always feel encouraged to reach out to me too.

But that's partly it- I'd hate to look at a knife, make an assessment, and then have someone reach out to Kosuke and hear something different. If I'm not confident, I'll say so. But I can also just be incorrect.

Whether its Morihiro or Myojin though, it's going to be a great knife. In the samples I have to compare, Myojin actually gets knives a little thinner behind the edge.. at least more consistently. And Tanaka's blue super is always excellent. SO hard.

I understand the desire from a collecting standpoint for a more definitive answer though.

Reaction score
Based on the choil shot it looks like a Myojin grind.
haha I mean, you can always feel encouraged to reach out to me too.

But that's partly it- I'd hate to look at a knife, make an assessment, and then have someone reach out to Kosuke and hear something different. If I'm not confident, I'll say so. But I can also just be incorrect.

Whether its Morihiro or Myojin though, it's going to be a great knife. In the samples I have to compare, Myojin actually gets knives a little thinner behind the edge.. at least more consistently. And Tanaka's blue super is always excellent. SO hard.

I understand the desire from a collecting standpoint for a more definitive answer though.