• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke Fujiyama 240mm Damascus Blue #1 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfBloodHobbit

Reaction score
Konosuke Fujiyama Blue #1 Damascus with Saya. Never could bring myself to take it out and use it, just too pretty

Stats:

Weight: 220 grams
Heel Height: 52mm
Length: 234mm

$975 Shipping Included CONUS

Price Drip to $950

(Will trade for a Kaiju but nothing else šŸ¤£)

Attachments

• 20220409_191112.jpg
    20220409_191112.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 20220409_190937.jpg
    20220409_190937.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 20220409_191024.jpg
    20220409_191024.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 20220409_191042.jpg
    20220409_191042.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 20220409_191201.jpg
    20220409_191201.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Had a couple of inquiries for international shipping but for the time being this is a US only sale, recently had a knife rejected by the airline for shipping via USPS express to Australia with no explanation.

Not sure if this is Myojin or Morihiro, it was bought from Tosho circa 2016/2017.
Per Konosukeā€™s site I think itā€™s safe to assume itā€™s Morihiro since the knife was made prior to 2018

ā€œAn integral part of the very beginnings of Konosuke as a company, Morihiro served as the sole sharpener of the Fujiyama line of knives until 2018. His now-iconic Wide-Bevel design is one of the most sought after pieces in Konosuke's history, while his hamaguri-style sharpening is potentially some of the best in all of Japan.ā€

With a timeline of 2016/2017, the possibility of it being Myojin is still there. While they didn't officially announce Myojin until much later, he came into the fold with Konosuke a couple years ahead of the FM release. Its something I know I need to append to my Fujiyama History article; it was something I wasn't able to dig up through conversations with Kosuke and Myojin directly until sometime in 2019.

Something I'd recommend, though, for ANY Konosuke knife that people would like details on- buyers or sellers -always feel Encouraged to reach out to Kosuke directly by Email for details on knives. He keeps pretty decent records on almost all knives that come through. [which, with Fujiyama, isn't too difficult.. as there aren't a lot of them post-2015].

He can coordinate with his own records and with Tosho directly to help establish the provenance of the knife.

With a timeline of 2016/2017, the possibility of it being Myojin is still there. While they didn't officially announce Myojin until much later, he came into the fold with Konosuke a couple years ahead of the FM release. Its something I know I need to append to my Fujiyama History article; it was something I wasn't able to dig up through conversations with Kosuke and Myojin directly until sometime in 2019.

Something I'd recommend, though, for ANY Konosuke knife that people would like details on- buyers or sellers -always feel Encouraged to reach out to Kosuke directly by Email for details on knives. He keeps pretty decent records on almost all knives that come through. [which, with Fujiyama, isn't too difficult.. as there aren't a lot of them post-2015].

He can coordinate with his own records and with Tosho directly to help establish the provenance of the knife.
You know, I almost reached out to you about this knifeā€¦ but yes I suppose thatā€™s true. Kosuke would probably know better than anyone.

haha I mean, you can always feel encouraged to reach out to me too.

But that's partly it- I'd hate to look at a knife, make an assessment, and then have someone reach out to Kosuke and hear something different. If I'm not confident, I'll say so. But I can also just be incorrect.

Whether its Morihiro or Myojin though, it's going to be a great knife. In the samples I have to compare, Myojin actually gets knives a little thinner behind the edge.. at least more consistently. And Tanaka's blue super is always excellent. SO hard.

I understand the desire from a collecting standpoint for a more definitive answer though.

Based on the choil shot it looks like a Myojin grind.
haha I mean, you can always feel encouraged to reach out to me too.

But that's partly it- I'd hate to look at a knife, make an assessment, and then have someone reach out to Kosuke and hear something different. If I'm not confident, I'll say so. But I can also just be incorrect.

Whether its Morihiro or Myojin though, it's going to be a great knife. In the samples I have to compare, Myojin actually gets knives a little thinner behind the edge.. at least more consistently. And Tanaka's blue super is always excellent. SO hard.

I understand the desire from a collecting standpoint for a more definitive answer though.

Latest posts

Back