• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Konosuke Fujiyama blue 1 kurouchi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamarill0

Reaction score
looking for one. New or used in good condition.

Thanks lmk

You should definitely consider the Tanaka Tsubaya currently offered on BST. It’s every bit as good if not better than the Fujiyama. And that’s a bold comparison. Same blacksmith, just a different sharpener/polisher.

The brand is Sakai Kikumori, so it's also possible to get these knives from other retailers all over the world. It's not a razorsharp exclusive.

The brand is Sakai Kikumori, so it's also possible to get these knives from other retailers all over the world. It's not a razorsharp exclusive.

I've never seen Tanaka knives signed with a T inside a diamond before, so they could be razorsharp specific.

I’d have to agree with Marc ...
It's a rare day when I disagree with Marc. In fact I don't think ever have but........
I have owned 2 of the Tsubayas and I can't see how they can be compared to an original Fujiyama KU.
I sold both of them with no regrets at all.
Heavy, clunky, average F&F. Maybe I got a couple of bad ones?
Now ask me to sell my Fujiyama....good luck with that;)

It's a rare day when I disagree with Marc. In fact I don't think ever have but........
I have owned 2 of the Tsubayas and I can't see how they can be compared to an original Fujiyama KU.
I sold both of them with no regrets at all.
Heavy, clunky, average F&F. Maybe I got a couple of bad ones?
Now ask me to sell my Fujiyama....good luck with that;)

The Tsubayas changed at some point. I think I remember seeing your 270 listed at some point last year and it was a clunky monster. They’re still listed on Hitohira as “classic” or something like that and the KU used to fall off if I remember correctly. I had one of the newer Tsubaya 240s, the Hitohira Tanaka kyuzo 240, and one of the new batch kono shinogi 240. They’re all so so close. The KU Tsubaya was just a tiny bit thicker. I ended up keeping only the kono but just because they’re all so similar I didn’t need 3. Of the ones I had they were all phenomenal.

The Tsubayas changed at some point. I think I remember seeing your 270 listed at some point last year and it was a clunky monster. They’re still listed on Hitohira as “classic” or something like that and the KU used to fall off if I remember correctly. I had one of the newer Tsubaya 240s, the Hitohira Tanaka kyuzo 240, and one of the new batch kono shinogi 240. They’re all so so close. The KU Tsubaya was just a tiny bit thicker. I ended up keeping only the kono but just because they’re all so similar I didn’t need 3. Of the ones I had they were all phenomenal.

That's very interesting mate.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought that mine were a bit crude given the great reviews they were getting. Just shows how these knives can be so different even when they are the same!

A62356F7-E895-419C-8DBD-2DB011E179FF.jpeg
The 270 Tsubaya was a big clunker for me. The 240 I got was almost identical to the 240 blue 1 ku Fujiyama. The f&f was better on the Fuji but they were so similar.

Last edited:
Back