• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke Fujiyama (FM) White #1 240mm Gyuto, ebony and blonde horn handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Konosuke Fujiyama (FM) 240mm Gyuto
White #1 steel
Konosuke ebony and blonde handle
Includes box

234 mm heel to tip
51 mm height
199 gr weight

Lightly used

$450 including PayPal and shipping to the 50 states

IMG_7196.jpg
IMG_7197.jpg
IMG_7199.jpg
IMG_7198.jpg

Last edited:
It’s hard to articulate this, but when I first tried the W1 FM I was shocked that I was so impressed by how well it cut with such ease. At that point I had already owned several Fujiyamas, wide bev and FM. So I thought I would have been “used” to their level of performance. However, the W1 version still really impressed me.

Some say that B1 steel is Y. Tanaka’s sweet spot as a blacksmith, but I would argue his W1 is Just as good if not better.

^^ Agreed.

Very surprised this is still here, if I didn't already own one...

It’s hard to articulate this, but when I first tried the W1 FM I was shocked that I was so impressed by how well it cut with such ease. At that point I had already owned several Fujiyamas, wide bev and FM. So I thought I would have been “used” to their level of performance. However, the W1 version still really impressed me.

Some say that B1 steel is Y. Tanaka’s sweet spot as a blacksmith, but I would argue his W1 is Just as good if not better.
Given the option (and call me shortsighted if you feel otherwise) I’ll always take the w1.

Back