• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Konosuke HD2 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catch and Release of the knife Runner_up was selling here: WTS - Spring Cleaning Pt. 4 - HD2, CCK Cleaver, KS. Was hoping for something that felt shorter at the length, but this feels like a 240 and as a home cook don't really need that. As well I just bought a Fujiyama FM 210 so need to make some space.

Dimensions and description from him are accurate. 236x48.5, 145gms

Will post some of my own pictures later when I finish work.

$330CDN shipped to Canada or ConUS. International I am willing to talk.

I just bought Vladimir's Mazaki, otherwise this would be really tempting. Yeah, those two are near opposites with this being a laser and the Mazaki being much heftier, but I'll have to learn what my preferences are in some way. Anyway, GLWS.

I agree whole-heartedly. But I also have a HD2 210, which I really, really like. I bought the 240 to see if I could get the same feel with more length. The 240 just ended up being a bit heavy and a bit long for my preferences. If the 240 was 10mm shorter and 10gm lighter, I suspect I would never move it.

Piling in on the love for this knife. I bought it to try a 240 thinking that it’s way too long for a home kitchen. It’s now as close as I’ve got to a preferred daily driver. It’s nimble for its size but doesn’t feel fragile at all. It sharpens up very nicely and the semi stainless is so easy to care for. All that and the fit and finish Konosuke is known for.

The raised heel height in the HD2 seems to be in the 210 - my 210 which I got earlier this year is 49mm at the heel as opposed to the older ones which I believe were 42mm

This knife is 48.5mm at the heel which is taller than the 46mm that Tosho is currently listing for the 240 with ho handle.

I used to like taller (started with a ZKramer 10"), but I've learned that 48-50mm at the heel is a nice working height.

As promised, some of my own pics of the knife.
20200624_125546.jpg
20200624_125602.jpg
20200624_125650.jpg
20200624_125656.jpg

Not much to add but I also have this exact knife and it rocks if you are looking for a thin and light Gyuto.

Back