Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and it always seems like needs and wants are interchangeable words here on KKF šŸ™ƒ
'Need' and 'want' are also in a state of constant flux. A decade ago I really needed and wanted a Misono UX10, an expensive knife, the pinnacle of great kitchen knives to me back then.

Got one right here with almost the right weight and kanji :dancingchicken:

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_123439.jpg
    IMG_20200622_123439.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 98
Lotta buzz, wonder how many Kaiju knives will be released this weekend?
Sadly not probably enough for all the hungry sharks out there

Regarding releasing the hounds - How do you know they are releasing them this weekend? And where will we be able to buy them - I presume the usual suspects - Tosho, etc. I better get my refresh finger ready

Sadly not probably enough for all the hungry sharks out there

Regarding releasing the hounds - How do you know they are releasing them this weekend? And where will we be able to buy them - I presume the usual suspects - Tosho, etc. I better get my refresh finger ready

Tosho told me they are hoping to release Kaiju on Oct. 3.

Depends who has the fast hands. Maybe a week or two from those who just want to try it out. But if they end up in the hands of collectors, then not for a long time.

Depends who has the fast hands. Maybe a week or two from those who just want to try it out. But if they end up in the hands of collectors, then not for a long time.
Most if not all who buy a $700 knife can be considered a collector. Few would splurge that kind of money on a first knife.

Most if not all who buy a $700 knife can be considered a collector. Few would splurge that kind of money on a first knife.
Very useful perspective- patience is a virtue - why buy the first batch when better product 9 months away

I am going to stay away from making a Mazaki comparison šŸ˜Š

How can people splurge this money during Covid? Are KKF members immune to this downturn?

I've probably bought more knives during this covid year more than previous. Lockdown meant working from home, with more time to obsess about knives, and needing retail therapy to keep the mood up. Covid got me to prioritize what's important in lifeā€”one of them is kitchen knives. Sad but true.

Covid lockdown also had me cooking more than ever. Need knives to cook with.

I've probably bought more knives during this covid year more than previous. Lockdown meant working from home, with more time to obsess about knives, and needing retail therapy to keep the mood up. Covid got me to prioritize what's important in lifeā€”one of them is kitchen knives. Sad but true.

Covid lockdown also had me cooking more than ever. Need knives to cook with.

Spot on. Very well articulated. Now that I think about it, same here - am cooking at home, and obsessing about knives that I donā€™t need

Back