Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks that way but the carrot cutting video comparison was quite convincing that the Konosuke Fujiyama more than holds it's own.

I thought the same, but odds be damned, I got it in blue 1

I think PayPal was key
Have you used the Kaiju yet? What do you think about it? My first Konosuke Fujiyama in Blue #2 patina'ed like crazy at first then I waxed it with Renaissance Wax once and it just leveled out at that point, how does the Kaiju patina?

Have you used the Kaiju yet? What do you think about it? My first Konosuke Fujiyama in Blue #2 patina'ed like crazy at first then I waxed it with Renaissance Wax once and it just leveled out at that point, how does the Kaiju patina?
I’ve used mine (blue 1) in a pro kitchen off and on (light days when it’s mostly just me around). Patina set up quick and very well, solid and colourful.
34731FE3-B881-4C9C-926C-358A1C1843AB.png

Well it's not light for a 240mm edge neither. North of that you're switching to Yo handle basically, unless looking into hardcore Sanjo or rarities that will weight 200-250g with a basic Ho. And still an ebony handle would drive such weight only 30-50 grams upward. Since the Kaiju grind is going quite thin, 225g feels like Yoshikane beefier ballpark with a righteous handle and blade height. I wouldn't look down on one.

Not as bad as Kono FM blue 2. But you have to be careful

Back