Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing about this format is that in the rush of the moment, even if you don't get the knife you want, it is very highly likely that you will buy something else... Not to mention the hype...
Yep. Bought the 240 FM in White 1 for that reason lol. Don't regret it thats for sure.

Cheftogo gets 4, Tosho gets 4 and Ai & Om gets 2.
Total 10 made in 6 months.....

Cheftogo gets 4, Tosho gets 4 and Ai & Om gets 2.
Total 10 made in 6 months.....

If you got to Tosho Knife Arts Instagram there is a series of interviews with Konosuke and Ivan of Tosho. There is one where they almost exclusively talk about the Kaiju and why so few are made. Shortened version is they had to work out the kinks of getting the forged blades in the required dimensions. The only people who sharpen Kaiju's are Myojin (FM sharpener) and Ivan. The bevels are perfectly flattened and finished on series of stones...etc. I think Ivan said they can crank out about 4 a month

If you got to Tosho Knife Arts Instagram there is a series of interviews with Konosuke and Ivan of Tosho. There is one where they almost exclusively talk about the Kaiju and why so few are made. Shortened version is they had to work out the kinks of getting the forged blades in the required dimensions. The only people who sharpen Kaiju's are Myojin (FM sharpener) and Ivan. The bevels are perfectly flattened and finished on series of stones...etc. I think Ivan said they can crank out about 4 a month

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. Totally appreciate the work going into it... Just saying 10 in 6 months, yes we will probably get one by 2030, likely 2nd(or 3rd/4th..) hand

The vintage swedish was never even posted from what I could tell.
All of the knives were announced via email for those that signed up for at least one of them. I cut this out of the notice I received; All of the knives were linked to this email from Tosho.
1px.png
P1120911.jpg
VINTAGE SWEDISH CARBON
Konosuke Fujiyama Vintage Swedish Carbon Gyuto 240mm Ebony Handle
The Vintage Carbon features a fine kasumi finish with a convex grind. The contrast between the vintage carbon and soft iron reveals the details of the beautiful hazakai (lamination line). The vintage carbon steel has incredible edge retention like Blue steels, yet takes an edge quickly on stones like White steels.

All of the knives were announced via email for those that signed up for at least one of them. I cut this out of the notice I received; All of the knives were linked to this email from Tosho.
1px.png
P1120911.jpg
VINTAGE SWEDISH CARBON
Konosuke Fujiyama Vintage Swedish Carbon Gyuto 240mm Ebony Handle
The Vintage Carbon features a fine kasumi finish with a convex grind. The contrast between the vintage carbon and soft iron reveals the details of the beautiful hazakai (lamination line). The vintage carbon steel has incredible edge retention like Blue steels, yet takes an edge quickly on stones like White steels.
You don't understand - It was never available for sale from what I can tell. I was refreshing like crazy. Was immediately out of stock. I saw the kaijus etc. available, but not the vintage swedish

You don't understand - It was never available for sale from what I can tell. I was refreshing like crazy. Was immediately out of stock. I saw the kaijus etc. available, but not the vintage swedish
You are right.

Lol I was trying to pay for Kaiju, so the Swedish Carbon was gone by the time i clicked on it...
Bunka was still available... sold out at 12.06....

I fully support a raffle proposal, where we put in our names, even put payment in escrow if needed, and just do a draw..
A lot less stressful for everyone.

Maybe there was only one vintage swedish steel, but there were multiple Kaijus

There were 4 Kaijus. All gone within the first 30 seconds I think. Disappeared while I was waiting for Shoppay authentication.

I got one. Did not use a bot. You definitely had to be very fast though. I put another item in my cart and entered all my info beforehand. I guess I got lucky.

I got one. Did not use a bot. You definitely had to be very fast though. I put another item in my cart and entered all my info beforehand. I guess I got lucky.
Congrats! Everything is all filled out for me before hand on Tosho (or other Shopify sites) and still was gone asap. It did take a couple extra seconds to show up on my end though.

The other thing I did was log in to the atomic clock website that has the exact time. I refreshed my window right as 11:59:59 turned into 12. There was nothing there, I refreshed again probably 12:00:01, still nothing, and then refreshed again, saw the listing, clicked add to cart, checkout, etc... The whole process took 4-5 seconds, maybe 6 at the most. Clicked submit order or whatever the last button was and crossed my fingers.

The other thing I did was log in to the atomic clock website that has the exact time. I refreshed my window right as 11:59:59 turned into 12. There was nothing there, I refreshed again probably 12:00:01, still nothing, and then refreshed again, saw the listing, clicked add to cart, checkout, etc... The whole process took 4-5 seconds, maybe 6 at the most. Clicked submit order or whatever the last button was and crossed my fingers.
Nice! I was also fast, refreshing and details filled in advance and all, But before PayPal I was slowed.
At least someone here got one, kudos.

Back