• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Konosuke MM B#2 270

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esoo

┐⁠(⁠ ⁠∵⁠ ⁠)⁠┌
KKF Lifetime Supporter KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love me some Kono MM, but this is just to big for me and my kitchen

Purchased here: SOLD - Konosuke MM 270mm gyuto

When I got it, for some reason it had a weird spot of patina on it which I used metal polish to remove. It has been used for one prep since that point. Sports the edge from heldentenor. I can remove the patina that is on it if the buyer wants.

Length: 259mm
Height: 53mm
Khii ebony handle.
Thanks to Konosuke/Tosho, I sourced an original box for the knife which will come with it.

Pricing now includes an Edro Magnetic Saya.

Let's try $575CAD $545 $535 $560CAD shipped to Canada. I cover the first $15 CAD to ConUS or the Rest of the word. If you're in the Toronto area, PM me as I will discount further for a local pickup.

Struggling with my lighting today, so ask if you want to see more pictures.
20211102_133059.jpg

20211102_133129.jpg

Last edited:
glws! the 240 is my absolute fave knife. i could actually use a backup, but this one is just too large to justify. even though i'd pay a limb for a 240 in ginsan :)

Just putting it out there:
If someone is collecting and wants a BNIB one I would consider trading mine for this used example.

Mine has a slightly lower heel height.

Maybe this will help a bit - did a stone dust kasumi finish:

And of course, cause I have to mess everything up somehow, when I went to touch the edge back up I guess I managed to drop my angle on one side and scratch it 😥

View attachment 153383

Still the kasumi I think looks pretty nice.

I’ve done the same exact thing… only it was after mirror polishing a honyaki!

man with that kasumi polish it looks almost identical to the Tetsujin.

anybody know the actual difference? Who forges and sharpens they MM line?

I’ve done the same exact thing… only it was after mirror polishing a honyaki!

man with that kasumi polish it looks almost identical to the Tetsujin.

anybody know the actual difference? Who forges and sharpens they MM line?

MM was forged by Ms Mizuki Mori and sharpened by Myojin. Konosuke was supporting Ms Mori to be a smith, but she retired to have a family

Editting in to add that whoever was teaching her was doing a good job. Easy to sharpen, good retention and tough are things I say about this knife

Last edited:
MM was forged by Ms Mizuki Mori and sharpened by Myojin. Konosuke was supporting Ms Mori to be a smith, but she retired to have a family

Editting in to add that whoever was teaching her was doing a good job. Easy to sharpen, good retention and tough are things I say about this knife
Interesting. I suspected it was Myojin cuz it’s looks like his style. I’m guessing the Tetsujin line replaced the MM

I believe she came from/worked at Shiraki. I just dig the hell out of my 240!

Interesting. I suspected it was Myojin cuz it’s looks like his style. I’m guessing the Tetsujin line replaced the MM

I owned a Testsujin 210 and I have the MM 210 B#2 - very similar knives, but the MM is ~20g heavier and a bit more convex nearer the heel.

Last edited:
Let see if I can move this along a bit:

I think an excellent set would be this MM 270 and the HD2 180 Petty I'm selling - take them both right now and I'd do $855CAD shipped ConUS/Canada. Local Toronto delivery in Canada gets a further discount

With the drop I just did on the petty, this isn't a deal anymore, just the "standard" price

Last edited:
Bump, with small price drop and adjustment of shipping price.

This is probably the lowest I'll go. With duty and fees I paid reasonably more for the knife, and for something that I don't mind keeping, I'm not really willing to lose a lot to just move it.

Seems hard to find Myojin's work with this level of handle and saya for the price. Beautiful knife, Im tempted to buy it even though I already have the Tetsujin and Myojin SG2. Someone should snatch this up.

GLWS!

Back