• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke Sanjo SKD 150mm petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to do that thing where I buy a new expensive knife and try to sell another one at a loss to assuage my guilt. Also, as a hardcore member of 180mm petty gang, this knife doesn't see much use.

Bought here
https://www.toshoknifearts.com/coll...chi-nashiji-petty-150mm-burnt-chestnut-handle
This is a great little knife. SKD core, stainless clad, burnt chestnut half octo handle. Holds its edge for a decent amount of time, just enough blade height to allow some knuckle clearance on the board, and the handle is one of the most comfortable I've used. F&F are up to Konosuke's typical high standard. This is the SKD version, very similar to the SLD versions which are more widely available but seems to be exclusive to Tosho? I don't know why it is so much more expensive than it's brethren, perhaps it's yoshikane vs nihei (this is speculation, not confirmed fact - happy to hear if someone knows more) or just skd being more expensive than sld? Anyways, the knife is in fairly good shape, there is a small almost imperceptible bend at the edge in one little area - I think because I let a young lady I was courting use it to cut stone fruit (worth it fyi). In any event it doesn't affect performance and will probably be worked out in one or two sharpenings.

I paid around $340 and I'm gonna start at $240 shipped conus. I feel like $100 off retail is more than fair considering the condition. Also includes saya. Thanks!
tempImageoSAkAH.png
tempImagerMUeJt.png
tempImageyO8tbw.png
tempImagePVySv8.png
tempImage3wiXiq.png

Back