• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke Sanjo SKD 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsoJ

Reaction score
For sale

Konosuke Sanjo SKD kurouchi 240 gyuto

Steel SKD with softer stainless cladding, acid etched finish
Edge lenght 238mm
Heel height 49,3mm
Spine at the heel 3,8mm
Spine at the middle around 2mm
Weight 160gr
Handle burnt chestnut, buffalo horn ferrule half octagonal
Comes with the box.

This is a catch and release. I got it with trade and while this is great knife, I just got to admit it is too light for me to enjoy it fully. Previous owner had accident and tipped the knife and the tip/tip section is in the same condition now when I received it. I have cutted a few veggies with it and sharpened lightly with 3000 grit. So obvious the blade isnt in top notch condition cause the tip and I am asking what I have in it 275$ plus shipping( new one is around 430$ in ToshoKnifeArts). I leave it here for a while if somebody wants to grab it and if not, then it becomes my project knife...

Thank you for looking

IMG_20200926_075233.jpg
IMG_20200926_075219.jpg
IMG_20200926_075310.jpg
IMG_20200926_075841.jpg
IMG_20200926_075317.jpg
IMG_20200926_075333.jpg
IMG_20200926_075354.jpg
IMG_20200926_075706.jpg
IMG_20200926_075255.jpg

The fixing, making the tip back pointier isnt so difficult but making the finish back like new with etching it is more difficult. I have no experience with a fix like that and can't say what it takes.

Are the right-hand side scratches from the previous owner trying to fix it, assuming so? Would fixing the tip further remove the etching? (unless it's painstakingly evident - I'm a noob-noob)

Does the knife happen to be in Helsinki or PK seutu?

I believe the scratches are from the fixing. I would fix the tip removing steel from the spine. It doesnt remove more the etching unless you are going to thin the tip. If you are going to use the knife, there will be scratches anyway and it shows but in the end this is a knife and tool IMO. The knife is in middle of Finland but I am heading to Helsinki next weekend...PM if you have more questions.

Looks pretty easily fixed, even by a relative noob like me. (I should say, scratches don’t bother me, so I’m just considering the tip damage.) I feel like the insult of this kind of damage is worse than the actual damage itself ...like the first scratch on a new car. If this knife came to me already fixed I’d probably never know it had been tipped.

GLWS! Wish I could visit Finland and pick it up in person!

Accidents happens to everybody and at the end of the day these are all tools and meant to be used. The knife works great as it is now, no real world difference in cutting performance. I want to give the buyer a change to make his own mind what to do with it and the price reflects that.

Back