• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Konosuke SKD 240 and YS 210 (US) (price reduction)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple of Kono's that just don't see the love enough, they both have been sharpened and have a couple of water stains, YS is the original bronze green.
US shipping and PayPal only

SKD Gyuto 240mm Ebony

Height 49mm
Edge Length 241
Wt. 170g
Price $360, $330

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Konosuke YS Gyuto 210mm

Height 46mm
Edge length 214
Wt. 152g.
Price $320 $290

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:
so... pretty...

( is that an asymmetric grind on the skd -- beveled on the knaji side, flat on the other? )

that's interesting. ya, one side looks almost dead straight. maybe the finish and hammering make it harder to see from the side...?

such a pretty knife.

"... with a grain of salt." -- right, absolutely; choil shots are super tricky to take and to interpret (plus there are many knives where the grind is different from heel to tip). ... and it's an important point that this particular knife is reported to be a symmetric grind in general, from what i can tell online [such a pretty knife, i had to read/see more online!] and as seattleb confirms, so it's not likely to be a big difference in the first place, or maybe not a difference at all and just something irrelevant at the spine itself. much more relevant is the current price making it dangerously tempting and a big test of my recent vows and pledges re: such purchases at the moment. ... but... so... pretty... (both of them, actually, but the skd's a knock-out, and so uncommon-looking.) thanks very much.

So YS = Yoshikane Sanjo (probably?)

And

YS-M = Yoshikane Sanjo-Midnight

?

They are really beautiful knives regardless and also seem to be great performers.

GLWS my self control is decreasing rapidly 🤣
IDK what YS really stand for, but I was thinking the same thing Yoshikane Sanjo;)

Back