• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke Sumiiro 240mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks, going to sell or trade an excellent example of a Konosuke Sumiiro SLD 240mm. Nice distal taper, thicker tang, thin behind the edge, and nice all around specs. Sharpened once. I'd consider a trade for a 230-240mm Shi.Han gyuto. Was $609 new, asking $500 CONUS, or $550 Int'l. Specs below:

Stainless clad SKD1/2 Octogonal burnt Chestnut with Horn175 grams50mm at heel242mm blade403mm OAL

IMG_6816.jpg
IMG_6817.jpg
IMG_6818.jpg
IMG_6819.jpg
IMG_6820.jpg
IMG_6821.jpg
IMG_6822.jpg

I have one of these. It remains in my regular rotation. The first time I used it to cut a bunch of onions was one of those "ooooooooh" moments. If I am not mistaken, it is made by Nihei. Real thin behind the edge and at the tip. It simply glided right through horizontal cuts. That half octagonal is a very comfortable handle. It is a looker too! GLWS!

Back