Konosuke Swedish stainless steel??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that very knife for a long time. The steel is very nice. It is softer than HD steel but I think it is tougher. It takes a very fine edge and responds well to stropping and rodding.

Thanks tk59! I appreciate your input.I guess Swedish Steel is the same regardless of who puts their mark on it.I've never owned a Swedish steel knife,so I was just curious about the the things that you already mentioned(toughness,taking a fine edge etc..)
Thanks again.Looks like there's gonna be a new knife in my kit very soon :D

Cheers

Thanks tk59! I appreciate your input.I guess Swedish Steel is the same regardless of who puts their mark on it.I've never owned a Swedish steel knife,so I was just curious about the the things that you already mentioned(toughness,taking a fine edge etc..)
Thanks again.Looks like there's gonna be a new knife in my kit very soon :D

Cheers

No.. there's loads of Swedish steels. We are quite a big producer of steels.

I don't know what steel it is in the SS Konosuke however.

I stand corrected. Apologies.....

Nothing to apologize for, people just seem to underestimate the guys who discovered your continent, ; )
Haha, no, but i think overall, everyone just things the whole of scandinavia is some kind of backwater place, which it's not.. completely.

My guess on the steels in the Konsouke would be 12c27. It's quite popular in Japan.
I have no idea if it's the steel used, but it's a guess.

It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks.

"It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks. "
Oh ya..but can you get a Montreal Smoked meat sandwich or real maple syrup?? :-D

"It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks. "
Oh ya..but can you get a Montreal Smoked meat sandwich or real maple syrup?? :-D

Well.. i don't know how real the maple syrup we have here is.. but it sure is expensive as hell. And i prefer the standard syrup, the maple suryp is to runny. The one sold in stores here atleast

Your canadian, you're basically the sweden of north america. Except the lack of the manly necessity known as wrestling polarbears in the streets of Stockholm. They always come looking for food..

Polar bears..pffft try wrestling a Canadian Grizzly whilst eating a smoked meat sammy :D

Nothing to apologize for, people just seem to underestimate the guys who discovered your continent, ; )
Haha, no, but i think overall, everyone just things the whole of scandinavia is some kind of backwater place, which it's not.. completely.

My guess on the steels in the Konsouke would be 12c27. It's quite popular in Japan.
I have no idea if it's the steel used, but it's a guess.

It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks.
he! correct yourself. My people's continent wasn't lost and I do believe you Vikings wrote in your sagas that you came and met us and we kicked your ass and sent you guys home.
Us Indians don't mess around. we are still here biding our team.lol

...My guess on the steels in the Konsouke would be 12c27. It's quite popular in Japan...
I doubt it. 12C27 isn't going to get the kind of edge retention that the Kon stainless gets. My guess would be AEB-L/13C26.

I have no idea if it's the steel used, but it's a guess. It's not a bad steel. I like it. But then, i can get knives with 12c27 for 40 bucks.

You've piqued my interest. Do you have a factual basis for your guess? Or are you just talking?

BDL

Back