• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Konosuke YS-M 210 w/ saya (PRICE DROP $295 > $275 > $265)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
***Well I got a lead on the knife I'm trying to find so I'm converting this trade thread into a sales thread to raise funds.***

For sale is a gently used Konosuke YS-M 210 wa-gyuto for $295 now $275 now $265. Classic sanjo mid weight with killer looks and great taper in both directions. This is widely assumed to be a Yoshikane and it shows.

Knife is approximately 212 x 47 per tape measurer, and weighs 139g. Semi-stainless core (probably SKD12/A2) at 64 HRC, stainless clad. Lovely hammered matte KU finish. Yes, 139g is on the lighter side, but check out that choil shot and you'll see why. Wicked, wicked taper.

Very good used condition. I am the second owner, traded for it on BST. Original owner sharpened it once lightly. I have stropped on a 10K stone. It's seen only periodic and light use in my home kitchen, as I tend to prefer westerns. Knife has normal signs of use, patina, light scuffing, some very "micro" microchipping in the 64 HRC core (see pic below), and the world's smallest ding in the tip. I'm not sure the tip thing even counts as a chip -- it's more like some slight glinting in a spot, but I provided a picture below for full disclosure.

Comes with matching konosuke saya w/ pin and original box.

I believe the handle is a Studio Khii enju (Japanese pagoda) octagon with maguro (ebony) ferrule.

Knife is $360 new, I value this used specimen at $295 now $275 now $265.

Thanks KKF!

1-Kono-YSM-Right-Side.png

2-Kono-YSM-Left-Side.png

3-Kono-YSM-Choil.png

4-Kono-YSM-Package-w-Box-and-Saya.png

5-Kono-YSM-Tip-ding.png

6-Kono-YSM-microchipping.png

7-Kono-YSM-weight-on-scale.png

Last edited:
I've got a Yoshi SKD 210 already but that choil shot has got me tempted...

It is pretty remarkable for a 210, gotta say. Not usually enough real estate to taper that thin, but we know that the magicians at Yoshikane Konosuke can pull it off.*

* Seller makes no representation that knife was made by Yoshikane. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply.

That little curve in the cladding line on the right hand side... I have to say I have bought knives just because of the shape of their cladding lines. This would be one of these knives...

Beautiful knife! Can you tell me what the 'M' means in YS-M? I looked on the Konosuke website, but they only talk about YS. I did see some mention oy YS-M on some stores, but no explanation of what the M means. Thanks!

Beautiful knife! Can you tell me what the 'M' means in YS-M? I looked on the Konosuke website, but they only talk about YS. I did see some mention oy YS-M on some stores, but no explanation of what the M means. Thanks!

I’ve read midnight somewhere (but can’t remember where and can’t be arsed to check). Makes vague sense - the original YS had a kind of unique brown/copperish Ku and the subsequent YS-M editions had a darker, inkier finish,

I’ve read midnight somewhere (but can’t remember where and can’t be arsed to check). Makes vague sense - the original YS had a kind of unique brown/copperish Ku and the subsequent YS-M editions had a darker, inkier finish,

Yes this is the explanation I've heard as well.

Back