Konosuke's Fujiyama line

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I already have a 270 Kono HD (gyuto) but I'm looking real hard at the 240 White#2 (gyuto) in the Fujiyama line. Does any one have any info on these more robust beauties?

I recently picked one up. Excellent knife. Sharpens quickly and gets very sharp. A good balance of flat and curve for the profile; thin w/ a gradual taper. The spine and choil are rounded and comfortable.

How much flat is there in the profile, tkern? And what's the height at the heel?

I like mine, i got the one with the basic ho handle off CKTG. It cuts well, is very thin...dont know if its thinner then the HD tho but it has a great fit and finish and developes a cool patina. In the future i'd like to get the fujiyama sujihiki, although i might have to get that custom made as i can't see anywhere stocking them?? here are some pics:

P1020554.jpg

P1020556.jpg

P1020440.jpg

P1020442.jpg

Love mine, much prefer it to the HD and standard white knives. Its a little thicker and heavier, but it wears it extreamly well.

IMG_0904.jpg

Love mine, much prefer it to the HD and standard white knives. Its a little thicker and heavier, but it wears it extreamly well.

nice, i need to get myself a custom handle also!

I already have a 270 Kono HD (gyuto) but I'm looking real hard at the 240 White#2 (gyuto) in the Fujiyama line. Does any one have any info on these more robust beauties?

Also, you can order them without a handle which saves some money and work if u want a nicer, custom handle on it.

Wow, great pics :)
I think it will be a nice change from the super-thin HD that feels a little too "whippy" sometimes.

Is it just me or is that crazy thin right behind the edge? Sure looks like it in that choil shot.

Yeah it is pretty thin at the edge, can hardly see it.

I scooped a 240 up today with a ebony/amboyna wa handle. I will post some pics when it gets here....thanks for the posts and pics nudging me to hit that paypal button :).

I'm seriously impressed with the Fujiyama version....just feels spot-on.
Here's some pics:

6815496230_f0e9649a7e_b.jpg

6961612193_ee86e0332c_b.jpg

6815496524_5ee106ca1d_b.jpg

6815496676_d6a071e0bb_z.jpg

6961612671_9be3f74b27_z.jpg

6961612981_9f3422dab1_b.jpg

wow, custom handle and saya...pretty good. I havn't seen that place? have they got a website or is it a store? i quite fancy getting a suji fujiyama but atm i cant see any anywhere so i may order a custom one.

sorry i get what you mean, i don't know why you can't mention the site as i'm clueless but i recognised it a few mins ago! ;)

Just a clarification, the saya's not a custom but just a nenox one that I stained. Even after sanding, the magnolia wood doesn't seem to want to take a stain very well. It took days to dry completely and still turned-out a bit uneven (shrug), but I think it still looks a bit nicer than unstained.

Beautiful knife Mac. Good looking saya (definitely think it looks better stained, however difficult and imperfect the process was for you) and handle. Enjoy it.

I already have one in White #2 would it be weird to buy one in White #1 also?

I think it would be wierd. I've been trying one out of late and it's a very nice knife but for me, there are some better ones...or different and at least as good. :)

Some one should set up another group buy from Konosuke. Where are you Potato :biggrin:

I would like to here what you might suggest

I think it would be wierd. I've been trying one out of late and it's a very nice knife but for me, there are some better ones...or different and at least as good. :)

Back