Kouzaki Aoto Showoff

Discussion in 'Sharpening Station' started by Peter, Mar 16, 2019.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Mar 16, 2019 #1

Peter

Peter

Peter

I bought this raw ore and flatened one side from Watanabe. He claims its from Kouzaki. It has a crack on the side I flatened (I didnt notice any misbehavior of that crack on my edge ). I laquered other sides heavily to keep it compact. Still not decided how to cut it and even if. Its not completed. But Already works!

Its a gorgeous 2000-4000 medium grit I bought him Ikarashi to help to get from AI1000

That thing has 4,5kg :D Its harder Aoto and needs time to slury. Many goma dots and nice navy blue.

So far as busy chef I use it every day and it keeps mi knife bitty sharp to get me through 50kg of meat.

Attached Files:

Seqmt and valgard like this.
  2. Mar 16, 2019 #2

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Boom! I finally ended my quest for the perfect aoto and when you find one you hold onto it for dear life

Xenif, Seqmt and Peter like this.
  3. Mar 18, 2019 #3
    I had a Kouzaki Aoto (really nice stone on a holder) and sold it. That was a mistake. A really unique stone.

4. Mar 18, 2019 #4

Peter

Peter

Peter

Guys you dont consider that crack a problem dont you? I was trying to find a possible problem, but other than stone splitting which I stopped by laquer I have not found. Also are nicely shaped stones more valuable? I somehow dont see point now to cut it or shape it. It works so I guess Its my call to be satisfied anyways. Thanks.

5. Mar 23, 2019 #5

refcast

refcast

refcast

Nicer rectangular stones are nicer looking . . . I guess their easier to keep flat, too, which is the main reason. Just try to use it evenly I guess. But this stone is pretty rectangle shaped anyway, so yeah, like you I don't see a problem.

I love harder aoto, hope you enjoy yours.

6. Mar 26, 2019 #6

Krakorak

Krakorak

Krakorak

No, it wasn't, as you sold it to the right person:p

7. Mar 26, 2019 #7
    I hope you treat it well and use it regularly :)

8. Mar 26, 2019 #8

Krakorak

Krakorak

Krakorak

Be sure that I do, last time yesterday:)

9. Mar 26, 2019 #9

Peter

Peter

Peter

seems like aoto is that stone which if right, might become the only one... i cannot believe how much choice of finnish in one rock.