Kouzaki Aoto Showoff

Discussion in 'Sharpening Station' started by Peter, Mar 16, 2019 at 8:52 AM.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

1. Mar 16, 2019 at 8:52 AM #1

Peter

Peter

Peter

I bought this raw ore and flatened one side from Watanabe. He claims its from Kouzaki. It has a crack on the side I flatened (I didnt notice any misbehavior of that crack on my edge ). I laquered other sides heavily to keep it compact. Still not decided how to cut it and even if. Its not completed. But Already works!

Its a gorgeous 2000-4000 medium grit I bought him Ikarashi to help to get from AI1000

That thing has 4,5kg :D Its harder Aoto and needs time to slury. Many goma dots and nice navy blue.

So far as busy chef I use it every day and it keeps mi knife bitty sharp to get me through 50kg of meat.

Attached Files:

Seqmt and valgard like this.
  2. Mar 16, 2019 at 10:21 AM #2

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Boom! I finally ended my quest for the perfect aoto and when you find one you hold onto it for dear life

Xenif, Seqmt and Peter like this.
  3. Mar 18, 2019 at 10:08 AM #3
    I had a Kouzaki Aoto (really nice stone on a holder) and sold it. That was a mistake. A really unique stone.

4. Mar 18, 2019 at 7:14 PM #4

Peter

Peter

Peter

Guys you dont consider that crack a problem dont you? I was trying to find a possible problem, but other than stone splitting which I stopped by laquer I have not found. Also are nicely shaped stones more valuable? I somehow dont see point now to cut it or shape it. It works so I guess Its my call to be satisfied anyways. Thanks.