Kramer Alert!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knyfeknerd

Original Knerd of Knives
Reaction score
There's a 10inch Real-deal Meiji Kramer up on the bay. I've got no idea what the reserve is on it, but I'm pretty sure it's nowhere close to being met!
Let's go Huw!
Or somebody else.......I'll be patiently waiting to be included in the passaround!

Just saw it, looks nice. Too bad it says no international bidders.

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed on the lottery or a ready-made sale, that said, I think the last email I got was about an auction around Xmas time, so I won't be holding my breath.

AWWWW Snap! Somebody busted the reserve!!!
I'll be watching this like a hawk! Good luck if it's somebody from here!

I was tempted at first daveb when the price was just above four figures, now it's about 2-3 times what it was when I first saw it. I bet it'll keep rising too. Maybe I should register my other email in the lottery as well :whistling:

From the UK I can't find this on eBay. had never even heard of Bob Kramer until arriving at this site and do find hard to understand the "value" inherent at such high prices. The knives appear to be being valued as pieces of art rather than as a tool, or a a tradable investment. It is interesting how he has built up this level of desirability. Excellent brand marketing in a narrow niche.

Can we talk about the crappy quality pics and the dude's long finger nails?

Any chance of a link? I can't find it for some reason.

Maybe if you guys tried a US eBay address? I dunno.
And yes to some gnarly fingernails Marc!
Can't link to active eBay listings as it's against forum rules

From the UK I can't find this on eBay. had never even heard of Bob Kramer until arriving at this site and do find hard to understand the "value" inherent at such high prices. The knives appear to be being valued as pieces of art rather than as a tool, or a a tradable investment. It is interesting how he has built up this level of desirability. Excellent brand marketing in a narrow niche.
Do a search, as there is info. His success is not due whatsoever to brand marketing. He had a great review in a knife comparison Cooks Illustrated did a few years back, and that steered a lot of interest in his direction. He has since struggled with pricing his knives appropriately, as he worked as a line cook once, and really wanted to make knives pros could/ would want to use. But the market spoke, and people would buy his knives and turn around and resell for many times the purchase price. So silly for him to sell a knife for, say, $2k if the buyer can turn around and resell for $12k. His knives have become a luxury item for Wall Street types; the people with tons of $$ are keeping the prices sky-high right now. The limited supply means those with the $$ eventually will own most of the ones out there in the wild.

I looked. US Ebay. Just at 3K now. But the day is young.

For those not familiar with Kramer's knives a search on here will find a trail of tears, of envy, of jealousy and then some that have used one.

Kramers are way out of my league... So expensive!

Tried logging on to US Bay. But no joy. Oh well it's only a knife ;-)

Yep closed at 3150, that isn't actually crazy for a Kramer, doesn't he charge 300/inch for plain 52100? Why anyone would pay that rather than get a Devin or Burke or Catchside dammy somewhat escapes me...

Damn, I wish I woulda got in on that one!
Something tells me it WAS someone from here................

Ya that's the going rate from what I've heard.

He must have a huge backlog of orders or something, I say this because since I've taken an interest in a real Kramer in late 2014 I've only received one auction email for a carving set. I'd be more interested in the ready made sale or else the lottery personally. Anyone know the frequency of the ready made sales or lottery emails?

So, is the whole crazy Kramer thing cooling off? I would think the availability of good quality production versions would take some of the edge off the frenzy.

Hi all--

New to this forum so forgive me if (when?) I say something really stupid. I stumbled across the Kramer knife that was just auctioned on eBay. Arguably the cost of Kramer knives is very high currently, but I'm interested in finding one for sale. Getting one directly from Kramer seems pretty unlikely at this point. I scanned this site but didn't see any for sale (but there are some very cool things). Anyone recommend any places other than eBay that I might look to find any for sale?

Hi all--

New to this forum so forgive me if (when?) I say something really stupid. I stumbled across the Kramer knife that was just auctioned on eBay. Arguably the cost of Kramer knives is very high currently, but I'm interested in finding one for sale. Getting one directly from Kramer seems pretty unlikely at this point. I scanned this site but didn't see any for sale (but there are some very cool things). Anyone recommend any places other than eBay that I might look to find any for sale?

DC Sharp has a couple for sale. Google them, but be ready to spend some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for the info. I checked out DC Sharp. Wow. Lots of dimes to get into that game.

Aside from his website, this is the first time I've seen real kramers for sale, the damascus blades are absolutely beautiful. Are the straight carbons comparable in terms of performance?

There is 6, Plus one last week.
He says he has a total of 11 to sell.
I was high bidder on the 8 inch chef all last week, I started getting my hopes up and it jumped up by 2k in the last few minutes. :(

Back