Kramer Alert!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my knifes would even make a down payment on the knife on auction. Hell, even Marc4pt0's full collection would fall way short!

I have two 'art' kitchen knives -- that Burke and the HHH petty w/ DT ss feather that I have made for the wife a couple years ago. The petty has seen a bit of use, and the Burke has slain some beef :)

You know where the Burke lives if you ever want to visit.

The blade is beautiful on this knife, the handle...meh. Not for me. However, I guess Bob has accepted that the people buying these knives aren't going to be using them very much, so why not push the boat out on the decorative elements? I'm sure it's fun for him to add a new string to his bow and do something different.

WOW!
That bolster is godlike.. never seen anything like that. Artisan level 3000

I'll doublecheck next week, I may still have the link to the closed auction. The recent Meiji was $56,400 and I recall the recent euroline was at least in the 30k range but I didn't follow it until closing… not sure why I bother, no way I could swing it.

If it was $66k I think that'd be a new record (?), was it the kiritsuke that sold for about $62k, or was that on eBay after the initial sale…

I see that last one on the bay never made the reserve. Topped out at $4550. The bubble may be over.

IMO that's too much, i think I remember seeing similar ones going around $3k, which is consistent with the readymade sale pricing. It seems only the Damascus ones command the astronomical prices, or maybe it's just because there's a different following on the auctions at Kramers site

IMO that's too much, i think I remember seeing similar ones going around $3k, which is consistent with the readymade sale pricing. It seems only the Damascus ones command the astronomical prices, or maybe it's just because there's a different following on the auctions at Kramers site

Would love to know what a damascus costs if your name comes up on his lottery...

And I tend to agree that the price seems on the high side... but if the market pays then so be it. Time will tell.

Would love to know what a damascus costs if your name comes up on his lottery...

And I tend to agree that the price seems on the high side... but if the market pays then so be it. Time will tell.
Last I heard his damascus prices were $400 per inch. That was a few years ago though, could have gone up again since then.

I'll doublecheck next week, I may still have the link to the closed auction. The recent Meiji was $56,400 and I recall the recent euroline was at least in the 30k range but I didn't follow it until closing… not sure why I bother, no way I could swing it.

If it was $66k I think that'd be a new record (?), was it the kiritsuke that sold for about $62k, or was that on eBay after the initial sale…

Link please!

Sorry my post you quoted is from summer 2016 and there were some subsequent posts in this thread deleted too, idk if I actually replied but if not it's probably because I was right about the price. At any rate I doubt I still have the links saved

Oops my bad.

I ended up grabbing one. I do like the idea of a lock back better than a friction folder at least, and the bottle opener on the original ones were a bit out of place I think.

Definitely not the best value for your $$ (but a lot of what happens here isn't), but for the rare occasion I'm dressing up for something, I have a dressy knife to stick in my pocket. My other EDCs are a bit more intimidating looking.

WHAT!?!!!! $66,000!? For a knife!? I thought $1k was bad! Was that $66k for a Kramer?

Back